|Vehicle type||Civilian fixed-wing aircraft|
|Body style||Jumbo Jet|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto IV (Non accessible)|
Grand Theft Auto V
The Jet is an airliner featured in Grand Theft Auto V.
Taking the appearance of a Boeing 747, it is possibly the largest controllable vehicle in the game, maybe only smaller than the Cargo Plane. Unlike it's predcessor, the AT-400, the jet bears the liveries of multiple airliners.
Given the Jet is a commercial airliner, it might be no surprise that, even with its weight, it still remains as one of the fastest airplanes in the game. It's faster than most propeller powered planes, like the Cuban 800 or the Velum, and, in terms on speed, it can be considered on-par with the Shamal.
It is considerably heavy to maneuver though, and due to its size, it's not the most convenient airplane for transporting the player around Los Santos. Given that Fort Zancudo is a heavily secure military base and that the Grapeseed airstrip is obviously way too small for the plane to fit in, you can only safely land it in Los Santos International and in the Grand Senora Desert airstrip, and even in the latter it might be considerably challenging, since fences or large rocks might hit the engines and destroy the plane.
Multiple Jets can be found and entered in Los Santos International Airport:
- Three frequently spawn around the main terminal
- Sometimes other two spawn in the south hangars
- Multiple are seen taking off, landing, and taxiing around the tarmac, and sometimes they also park in south hangars
They can be hard to obtain though, since entering the airport gives the player a 3 star wanted level, and multiple police vehicles invading the tarmac might slow down and, if the engines are shot, potentially damage the Jet. The wanted level can be avoided if the player has purchased one of the hangars though, making it much easier to obtain the plane without trouble.
Unlike previous airliners in the series, the Jet features multiple liveries belonging to different airliners.
- This is the first time so far that an airliner has been controllable in the HD Universe.
- Multiple 747-based planes are found in GTA IV's Francis International Airport bearing FlyUS liveries, but none of them are pilotable. They can be seen taxiing, parked in the terminals and flying around Liberty City, but never taking off or landing.
- Its lack of an entering animation and it's rather simplistic name suggest that the Jet might not have been planned to be pilotable at first and only added later in development. It may have been added in as an Easter Egg .
- Another possible reason is that since the jet plane's door is located a good distance off the ground, there isn't an easy way to animate entering it.
- The windows on the plane light up at night.
- The Jet can't be stored in any hangar - Yet, it really isn't necessary, taking in account how there are so many parked around the airport.
- The Boeing 747 appears to be the 400 model.
- It can take many missiles to destroy the plane, unless the engine is hit.