|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|
|Location:||Escobar International Airport, Vice City|
|Target:||Escaping the Cholos|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Destruction of Stinger, Lance's Death|
|Unlocks:||Hose the Hoes|
|Unlocked by:||To Victor, the Spoils|
Aunt Enid says that some help is coming to Vice City from a family member. However, when you arrive at the airport it isn't the person you quite expected...It's your younger brother Lance Vance, who always gets you into trouble. After a brief arguement, Vic decides to take Lance in with you.
As you and Lance drive away from the airport in your red Stinger, a Cholo Sabre will drive in front of you, a Cholo member will get out and say that "you killed plenty Cholos, now we kill you plenty".
Lance will take the wheel and you'll have to defend the car. A damage bar will show up on the side of your screen; if it empties, the car will blow up. Now, when you see a Cholo or Cholo Sabre approach, shoot at it until you kill it or blow it up. Eventually, Lance will accidentally drive off a ramp and you will land in Little Havana.
Now, beware, since this section of Little Havana is under control of Cholos and there will be triple the Cholos there were before, one might even come in a Trashmaster to block the street, if you don't shoot the driver off the Trashmaster, Lance will accidentally strike the Trashmaster and you'll take damage. Soon enough you'll be in Little Haiti, which is under control of both Cabrones and Cholos, and there are more Cholos around here. As Lance drives along the road, two Cholos on Sanchez bikes will appear. Eventually, Lance will drive off another ramp and crash the car, setting it on fire, in a cutscene you will get off the car as it explodes.
Now you'll be on foot and at least twenty Cholos will come after you, kill them all and you'll get a two-star wanted level. Get on one of the Cholo Sabres that are parked nearby and drive Lance to his hotel, along the way, you'll have to avoid surviving Cholos and the cops.
Drop off Lance in his hotel and the mission is over.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Fight off those attackers while Lance drives
- Kill those remaining attackers. Lance must survive
- The attackers are all wasted! Now take Lance to his hotel
Post mission pager message
Umberto Robina: So you're running Marty's gang now. We need to talk...
- The level introduces a continuity error; no matter which vehicle you arrive in at the airport, it will always transform into a red Stinger.
- The first portion of the mission is similar to the mission Just Business in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, complete with the driver performing reckless jumping stunts while the player tries to shoot at targets. Just Business also features a shootout with multiple targets while protecting another character, only it occurs at the start of the mission.
- When you start to shoot the Cholos, the car's radio will be tuned in to Fresh FM and the song "It's Like That" by Run-DMC will always play.
- Even if you have wanted stars and are being chased by VCPD Cruisers, Enforcers, Cheetahs or FBI Washingtons, your wanted stars and pursuers disappear.
- This is the only mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, where the player is riding on passenger seat.
|GTA Vice City Stories - Walkthrough - Mission 17 - Jive Drive(08:19)|