|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Full name:||Jock Cranley|
|Date of birth:||1952|
Blaine County (formerly)
|Family:||Jolene Cranley-Evans - Wife (formerly)|
Three Unnamed Families
Stunt Double (formerly)
|Voiced by:||Unknown (GTA LCS & GTA VCS)|
Alex Anthony (GTA V)
- "We've cared about people for too long! I'm giving you all the finger!"
- ―Jock Cranley
John "Jock" Cranley is an actor and stunt double celebrity who appears in a radio advertisement on Wave 103 in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and on MeTV News on the Vice City Stories website. Jock is later seen in Grand Theft Auto V as a politician running for governor of San Andreas.
Cranley warns against the use of drugs and admits to having had problems with drugs in the past. He was arrested by the VCPD, although he was later released, claiming it was a stunt double committing the crimes on PSA he was assigned to do.
Before becoming famous, Cranley used to live out in Blaine County. During the 70's, Cranley attained aspirations to become a stunt man in Los Santos, but his wife Jolene Cranley-Evans objected to them moving out to Los Santos wishing for them to stay in Blaine County. So, while on a hike on Mount Gordo, Jock Cranley threw his wife off the side of a cliff, killing her. Jock was taken into custody by the police but was immediately released without charge.
In GTA V, he is the main conservative candidate in the race for governor of the State of San Andreas. His main rival is liberal candidate Sue Murry. He has commercials on TV and a website at Jockcranley.com; on these Jock Cranley promises to eliminate taxes by selling off unnecessary parkland and reducing the education budget by 98%. He is reported to attempt to humiliate his opponent a lot, calling her "names that rhyme with 'front' and 'scratch'", portraying her as a bloody, demonic monster, and even throwing feces at her campaign headquarters. He also appears on Bless Your Heart, a talk radio show on Blaine County Talk Radio. He and the show's host, Bobby June, discuss politics, the election, Cranley's background, and do some cooking.
- Jock is an extreme parody of Republicans. He wants to reduce park and education budget by 98% and eliminate taxes.
- Specifically, Cranley is based on the numerous Hollywood actors who have gone on to represent the Republican party in government, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ronald Reagan.
- He is one of the few characters from the 3D Universe to carry over from the HD Universe, along with Lazlow and Willy from Lovefist.
- British tourist and celebrity seeker Nigel mistakes Trevor for Jock Cranley when they meet for the first time in Nigel's first Strangers and Freaks mission. Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill keep calling him Jock during the time they work together in gathering celebrity items.
- Jock's year of birth is the exact same as Leonora Johnson's.
- Jock reveals on Bless Your Heart that he has had three families. This might be a joke on how some conserviative Republicans in the US have preached about family values (usually in the context of going against gay rights) while being divorced several times.
- There is an easter egg in Grand Theft Auto V where the player can find Jolene Cranley-Evans' ghost near Mount Gordo. If the player approaches her, she vanishes, leaving the word "Jock" written in blood where she stood.
- According to his radio advertisement in Grand Theft Auto V, Jock hates "immigrants, gays, and the crippled". He also "cannot stand unions, cops, old ladies".
|Michael De Santa | Trevor Philips | Franklin Clinton|
Lester Crest | Lamar Davis | Dave Norton | Steve Haines | Devin Weston | Brad Snider
Amanda De Santa | Jimmy De Santa | Tracey De Santa | Martin Madrazo | Ron Jakowski | Wade Hebert | Solomon Richards | Molly Schultz | Harold "Stretch" Joseph | Wei Cheng | Simeon Yetarian | Fabien LaRouche | Isiah Friedlander | Denise Clinton | Tao Cheng | Floyd Hebert | Andreas Sanchez | Elwood O'Neil | Rocco Pelosi | Patricia Madrazo | Chop | Lazlow Jones
Johnny Klebitz | Ashley Butler | Terry Thorpe | Clay Simons | United Liberty Paper Contact | Karen | Patrick McReary