|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Full name:||John Hunter|
|Also known as:||Fat Bald Prick|
|Voiced by:||Henry Strozier|
John Hunter is a left-wing candidate for Governor of the State of Liberty (in which Liberty City resides) in Grand Theft Auto IV. His opponent is Michael Graves, and their campaigns reach the in-game billboards, radio and internet. The radio ads in particular are mostly slander-filled attack ads towards each other.
The Intelligent Agenda
On Public Liberty Radio, he calls himself a "Conservative-Liberal Democrat" (possibly a member of the Blue Dog Democrats, also a reference to British political parties Conservatives and Liberal Democrats). He discusses his views on healthcare, the economy, the war. On education, he is in favor of "breaking the teachers union...[and] buy balls and uniforms, then the books if we can afford them". He refers to the internet as "a series of tubes", a reference to Alaskan Republican senator Ted Stevens' "series of tubes" analogy. A separate Graves attack ad also claims Hunter wants to use the internet to charge people $5 for masturbating. He ends up spanking child prodigy Zachary Tyler, who was being arrogant and voiced evil views about population control.
- There's a John Hunter campaign billboard in northern Berchem along the Alderney Highway, which is strange, as Alderney is a separate state to the one Hunter is running in.
- There are campaign posters for John Hunter in Algonquin.
- He was called a "fat bald prick" by his opponent, Michael Graves.
- Like Michael Graves, a pedestrian with an identical model to Hunter can be found around Liberty City.
- One of his radio commercials claims that opponent Michael Graves has "forgotten the tragic events of a few years ago", which suggests that an attack similar to the real-life 9/11 attacks happened in the GTA universe.
- His and Michael Graves' names may be a reference to Michael Hunter, composer of the theme music for Grand Theft Auto IV.
- His name may also be a reference to the brother of Michael Hunter, whose name is also John Hunter.