(Rear quarter view; without top)
|Vehicle class (GTA V)||Off-Road|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door utility truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "Is it a truck? Is it a golf cart? Is it a bathtub on wheels? It's whatever you want it to be. The Kalahari is a super-lightweight off-road utility vehicle used by the French army, which possibly explains why they're always so late to everything."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Kalahari is based on 1968-1987 Citroën Méhari, with a slight Japanese styling, making it look like the stereotype of a kei car (Japanese automotive class for a small, light automobiles including city cars and small utility vehicles). The headlamps seem to be derived from the BMW E30 (E32, E34).
The Kalahari performs quite well, having a nice top speed and acceleration, it also fairs well off road. The car is possibly powered by a 660cc inline-3 engine, similar to its real-life counterpart, a 602cc flat-twin. While this vehicle has good acceleration, its top speed is not up to par when it comes to competing against other faster vehicles. Another relevant detail, the real life Méhari is FWD while the Kalahari is 4WD. Furthermore, its thin tire profiles makes it less desirable for off-roading purposes.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
- Spawns infinitely as a special vehicle after the Beach Bum DLC is installed.
- Available at Southernsanandreassuperautos.com at no cost in GTA Online after the Beach Bum DLC is installed. It now costs $40,000 from patch 1.14 onward..
- The name refers to the Kalahari desert and thus it implies that the truck has good off-road abilities. Interestingly enough, the Citroen Mehari was sold in a color called Kalahari Beige.
- It is the third vehicle in GTA series to be based on a Citroën, the first being the Garden Shed and the second the Safari, both from GTA London 1969 and GTA London 1961.
- It is the thirteenth French vehicle to be portrayed in the GTA series.
- The vehicle is based on the original French model rather than the U.S. model.
- In the Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description, it is stated that the Kalahari is still being used by the French armed forces, even though the real Méhari is obsolete by today's military standards.
- If you continually take the Kalahari outside any protaginists' garage, it will occasionally spawn without a roof or have a "roll cage" framework on the roof, that outlines the frame of the roof.
- Any Kalahari purchased prior to Title Update 1.13 can not be sold. Any Kalahari purchased after the update can be sold.
- Its taillight design is identical to that of Mesa.