(Rear quarter view; without top)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door utility truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V |
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Price||$40,000 (Hardtop, Online)|
$51,000 (Topless, Online)
- "Is it a truck? Is it a golf cart? Is it a bathtub on wheels? It's whatever you want it to be. The Kalahari is a super-lightweight off-road utility vehicle used by the French army, which possibly explains why they're always so late to everything."
- ―SouthernSanAndreasSuperAutos.com description.
The Canis Kalahari is a small, hardtop utility and off-roading truck featured in the Beach Bum Update for Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, with a topless variant available after the Last Team Standing Update is installed.
The Kalahari is based on 1968-1987 Citroën Méhari. The headlamps seem to be derived from the BMW E30 (E32, E34).
The Kalahari performs quite well, having a nice top speed and acceleration, it also fairs well off road. The car is possibly powered by a 660cc inline-3 engine, similar to its real-life counterpart, a 602cc flat-twin. While this vehicle has good acceleration, its top speed is not up to par when it comes to competing against other faster vehicles. Another relevant detail, the real life Méhari is usually FWD, some Méhari models are 4WD but the Kalahari is always 4WD. Furthermore, its thin tire profiles makes it less desirable for off-roading purposes.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
F4 660cc 3-cylinder
Mass cannot be observed.
- Spawns infinitely as a special vehicle after the Beach Bum Update is installed (XB360/PS3).
- Spawn near the beach areas of Los Santos (XB1/PS4).
- Available in a hardtop and a topless variant on SouthernSanAndreasSuperAutos.com for $51,000 (XB1/PS4).
- Available in a hardtop variant on SouthernSanAndreasSuperAutos.com for $40,000 in GTA Online after the Beach Bum Update is installed, and a topless variant on the same website for $51,000 after the Last Team Standing Update is installed.
- The name refers to the Kalahari desert and thus it implies that the truck has good off-road abilities. Interestingly enough, the Citroën Mehari was sold in a color called Kalahari Beige.
- The vehicle is based on the original French model rather than the U.S. model.
- In the SouthernSanAndreasSuperAutos.com description, it is stated that the Kalahari is still being used by the French armed forces, even though the real Méhari is obsolete by today's military standards.
- If the player continually takes the Kalahari outside any protagonists' garage, it will occasionally spawn without a roof or have a "roll cage" framework on the roof, that outlines the frame of the roof.
- Any Kalahari purchased prior to Title Update 1.13 cannot be sold. Any Kalahari purchased after the update can be sold.
- Its taillight design is identical to that of Mesa.