- "I do not go down so easy."
- ―Kalem to Niko Bellic.
The voice actor for Kalem is unknown, as he isn't credited.
Kalem is an Albanian criminal based in Broker, Liberty City. He is an enforcer for the Albanian Mob and associated with Dardan Petrela and Bledar Morina, two higher ranking members of the mob. He appears to serve as an extra muscle in their loan sharking business.
Events of GTA IV
- "I will beat you like I beat your cousin!"
- ―Kalem to Niko.
When Roman Bellic, who owes money for Dardan, can't repay the debt, Bleder and Kalem take him out to the basketball courts in Firefly Projects, and begin to beat him out, despite Roman's begs that he didn't mean to had Dardan attacked in a previous incident.
Roman's cousin - Niko Bellic - shortly arrives to the place where he confronts Kalem and Bleder. Bleder orders Kalem to keep an eye on Roman while he'll deal with Niko. When Bleder falls against Niko, Kalem decides to attack Niko, but is killed as well, during a fist fight.
- Bleed Out (Killed)
- Kalem means 'pencil' in Turkish.
- Unlike other criminals in GTA IV, including his associates, Kalem doesn't have an LCPD record.
- Kalem has a very similar model to Preston Pecinovsky, another member of the Albanian Mob who appears as a target in the "Most Wanted" side-missions. Also, in the online mission, "Bomb Da Base II", some of the members aboard the ship resemble Kalem.
- Kalem's jacket is almost identical to the Albanian biker jacket unlocked in "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle", but with a red sleeveline instead of black.
- Kalem may shout during his fight with Niko that he is a brother of Dardan.
- Kalem is most likely a Muslim Albanian this is guessed by his name "Kalem" has Muslim origins and Albania has a high population of people that ahere to the religion of Islam. More than half the population follows Islam infact it is the largest religion in Albania. This might have been done so Rockstar could add realism to the game.
- ↑ Given the fact that both Dardan and Bleder were born in Albania, it can be assumed that the same goes for Kalem