| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Torrington, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
|Target:||Rescue Kanbu from the police|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocks:||Grand Theft Auto|
|Unlocked by:||Under Surveillance|
- "Of course failure has its own disgrace."
- ―Kenji Kasen.
Kenji informs Claude that a high ranking member of the Yakuza has been arrested by the Liberty City Police Department and that Claude will be breaking him out. Claude takes a police car to 8-Ball's bomb shop, getting the car rigged with a time bomb. Claude drives to the police headquarters and parks the car next to the cells, before detonating the bomb. Claude and Kanbu then steal a police vehicle to escape the police station before changing cars to lose the pursuing police. After losing the police, Claude takes Kanbu to the Hyaku Dojo.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Steal a cop car
- Rig the car with a bomb
- Okay now go to the police station
- Arm the bomb
- Get clear of the car
- You left your honor with the Yakuza Kanbu. You must protect him
- Lose the cops
- Now get him back to the Yakuza dojo
- The cell Kanbu is in has blood marks on the wall, implying police brutality. This is also evidenced by sounds of a man being beaten.
- The same blood marks are also seen in the bathroom of Apartment 3C In GTA VC.
- It is advisable not to park any other vehicles next to the Police Car, because the additional explosion of the car will kill the Kanbu.
- Kanbu's skin is the same skin as a normal Yakuza member.
- During the beginning cutscene, Claude has a mustache and goatee and is wearing a coat with a more brown color to it. These features aren't shown after the cutscene.
!PS2 Version |-| |- !PC Version |- | |}