|You may be looking for Karen, a character in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V.|
The company is most likely based on the real-life manufacturer Toyota since most Karin cars are inspired by Toyota models.
However, the Sultan RS and Korean Mob Sultan, including the original Sultan, are modified like Subarus even though they are both based on the Toyota Altezza (also known as the Lexus IS300); and the Intruder is based on an Infiniti model.
|Vehicle||Style||Based On (HD Universe)||Notes|
|Asterope||Mid-size sedan||2006–2011 Toyota Camry||Grand Theft Auto V exclusive|
|BeeJay XL||Mid-size SUV||2006-2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser||Grand Theft Auto V exclusive|
|Dilettante||5-door liftback||2003-2009 Toyota Prius||Includes the Merryweather variant|
|Futo||Compact sports coupe||1983-1987 Toyota AE86 Corolla Levin|
|Intruder||Sports sedan||2001-2006 Infiniti Q45|
|Kuruma||Sports sedan|| Lancer Evoloution X(overall shape & front)|
2015 Subaru Impreza (back)
|Included in the GTA V Heists Update|
|Rebel||Pickup truck||Fourth gen Toyota Hilux||Includes three variants: A clean one, a beater one and an armed one, the latter is to be launched on the Heists Update.|
|Sultan||Sports sedan||Lexus IS300/Toyota Altezza/ Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII|
|Sultan RS||Sports coupe||Lexus IS300/Toyota Altezza|
- The name might be a parody of Kia as Kia and Karin are spelt similarly and are both girls' names; the logo also bears resemblance to their corporate logo (mainly the top left tip of the "K").
- In-game, however, Karin does not reference Kia Motors, as Karin vehicles are mostly based on Toyota vehicles.
- It's name may also be derived from the Japanese word for Red Sandalwood: Karin.
- Karin is pronounced as kareen by a Karin sponsor on Fame or Shame, but it is pronounced as "Karen" during the advertisement for the Dilettante featured in GTA IV.
- The name might also be a reference to Toyota's Carina series.
- There is a concept car by Citroën called the Karin.
- The Karin logo is similar to the Circle K logo.
- The Intruder is the only vehicle that is not based on any Toyota/Lexus vehicles, however it is also shares numerous styling cues with the 2002-2006 Toyota Corolla (or specifically, the Toyota Mark II in Japan).
- The Sultan, despite taking up resemblance to the Lexus IS/Toyota Altezza, resembles more of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII/Subaru Impreza WRX due to the Sultan's AWD setup (as opposed to the Lexus IS/Toyota Altezza's FR drivetrain).
- The same applies for the upcoming Kuruma, another vehicle that is not based on any Toyota vehicles, but rather, a fusion between the Mitsubishi and the Subaru vehicles.
|Albany • Annis • Benefactor • BF • Bollokan • Bravado • Brute • Buckingham • Canis • Chariot • Cheval • Classique • Coil • Declasse • Dewbauchee • Dinka • DUDE • Dundreary • Emperor • Enus • Fathom • Gallivanter • Grotti • Hijak • HVY • Imponte • Invetero • Jacksheepe • Jobuilt • Karin • Kraken • Lampadati • Liberty Chop Shop • Liberty City Cycles • Maibatsu Corporation • Mammoth • MTL • Nagasaki • Obey • Ocelot • Overflod • Pegassi • Pfister • Principe • ProLaps • Schyster • Shitzu • Speedophile • Stanley • Steel Horse • Truffade • Übermacht • Vapid • Weeny • Vulcar • Western Company • Western Motorcycle Company • Willard • Zirconium|