|You may be looking for Karen, a character in Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.|
The company is most likely based on the real-life manufacturer Toyota since most Karin cars are inspired by Toyota models.
However, the Sultan RS and Korean Mob Sultan, including the original Sultan, are modified like Subarus even though they are both based on the Toyota Altezza (also known as the Lexus IS300); and the Intruder is based on an Infiniti model. The Kuruma resembles more of a fusion between a Mitsubishi and a Subaru model, resembling nothing like any Toyota vehicles would.
|Vehicle||Style||Based On (HD Universe)||Notes|
|Asterope||Mid-size sedan||2006–2011 Toyota Camry||Grand Theft Auto V exclusive|
|BeeJay XL||Mid-size SUV||2006-2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser||Grand Theft Auto V exclusive|
|Dilettante||5-door liftback||2003-2009 Toyota Prius||Includes the Merryweather variant|
|Futo||Compact sports coupe||1983-1987 Toyota AE86 Corolla Levin|
|Intruder||Sports sedan||2001-2006 Infiniti Q45|
|Kuruma||Sports sedan|| Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X(overall shape and front)|
2015 Subaru Impreza (rear)
|Included in the GTA V Heists Update, also includes the armored variant|
|Rebel||Pickup truck||Fourth gen Toyota Hilux||Includes a clean and "beater" variant|
|Sultan||Sports sedan||Lexus IS300/Toyota Altezza/ Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII|
|Sultan RS||Sports coupe||Lexus IS300/Toyota Altezza|
|Technical||Pickup Truck||Fourth gen Toyota Hilux||A variant of the Rebel equipped with a mounted machine gun, available in the Heists Update.|
- The name might be a parody of Kia as Kia and Karin are spelt similarly and are both girls' names; the logo also bears resemblance to their corporate logo (mainly the top left tip of the "K").
- In-game, however, Karin does not reference Kia Motors, as Karin vehicles are mostly based on Toyota vehicles.
- It's name may also be derived from the Japanese word for Red Sandalwood: Karin.
- Karin is pronounced as kareen by a Karin sponsor on Fame or Shame, but it is pronounced as "Karen" during the advertisement for the Dilettante featured in GTA IV.
- The name might also be a reference to Toyota's Carina series.
- There is a concept car by Citroën called the Karin.
- The Karin logo is similar to the Circle K logo.
- The Intruder is the only vehicle that is not based on any Toyota/Lexus vehicles, however it is also shares numerous styling cues with the 2002-2006 Toyota Corolla (or specifically, the Toyota Mark II in Japan).
- The Sultan, despite taking up resemblance to the Lexus IS/Toyota Altezza, resembles more of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII/Subaru Impreza WRX due to the Sultan's AWD setup (as opposed to the Lexus IS/Toyota Altezza's FR drivetrain).
- The same applies for the Kuruma, another vehicle that is not based on any Toyota vehicles, but rather, a fusion between the Mitsubishi and the Subaru vehicles.
|Albany • Annis • Benefactor • BF • Bollokan • Bravado • Brute • Buckingham • Canis • Chariot • Cheval • Classique • Coil • Declasse • Dewbauchee • Dinka • DUDE • Dundreary • Emperor • Enus • Fathom • Gallivanter • Grotti • Hijak • HVY • Imponte • Invetero • Jacksheepe • Jobuilt • Karin • Kraken • Lampadati • Liberty Chop Shop • Liberty City Cycles • Maibatsu Corporation • Mammoth • MTL • Nagasaki • Obey • Ocelot • Overflod • Pegassi • Pfister • Principe • ProLaps • Schyster • Shitzu • Speedophile • Stanley • Steel Horse • Truffade • Übermacht • Vapid • Weeny • Vulcar • Western Company • Western Motorcycle Company • Willard • Zirconium|