Keep Your Friends Close...
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Starfish Island, Vice City|
|Target:||Lance Vance,Sonny Forelli|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Player Death|
|Unlocked by:||Cap the Collector|
As Tommy Vercetti's lordship over Vice City's underworld increases, so does Sonny Forelli's anger that Tommy is taking over Vice City. After failing to forcibly tax Tommy's expanding business ventures, Sonny arrives in Vice City himself to deal with Tommy in person. Forewarned of Sonny's arrival, Tommy sets aside $3 million in counterfeit cash in an attempt to placate him.
However, when Sonny finally arrives, the treacherous Lance Vance openly betrays Tommy, citing "business" as his motivation. At the same time, Tommy is also reeling from the realization that the 15 years he spent in prison on behalf of the Forellis was the result of an ambush orchestrated by Sonny himself.
These revelations precipitate an enormous gun battle inside Vercetti Estate. First, Tommy kills Lance on the rooftop of the mansion, then goes on to kill Sonny at the base of the staircase of the foyer along with all his guards. Tommy is also presumably injured during the gunfight; during the end cutscene, Rosenberg laments that Tommy ruined his suit (though no blood or other indicators of injury are seen). Following this, Tommy and Ken celebrate; they are in charge now.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The Mafia are trying to steal your money. Defend your safe
- Go and kill Lance Vance, the backstabber
- Kill Sonny and finish this once and for all
- Lance Vance - Killed for betraying Tommy.
- Forelli Capo - Killed for trying to kill Tommy.
- Sonny Forelli - Killed for betraying Tommy and attempting to kill him.
The reward for completing this mission is $30,000 and a Hunter will spawn inside Fort Baxter or on a helipad in south Ocean Beach if the player has collected all 100 Hidden Packages. Also, members of the Vercetti Gang will carry Uzis.
- In this mission the player can obtain a unique silver Stretch. The simple way to get it is to complete the mission, then the player can go outside, take one, and park in a garage.
- This has the longest name of any mission in the game, at 23 characters, and is the third longest in the era and fourth longest in the series, after San Andreas' Breaking the Bank at Caligula's, Liberty City Stories' The Portland Chainsaw Masquerade and Grand Theft Auto IV's I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle. It is also the longest-named final mission in the series.
- Sonny's Right-Hand will take the model of a normal Forelli at the part where you have to kill Sonny Forelli.
- This mission is yet another one of the game's references to the 1983 film Scarface, closely mirroring that film's final gunfight. The only major difference is that Tommy Vercetti, unlike Tony Montana, is not killed.
- The mission's title is a reference to a line from the Mafia film The Godfather Part II. The original line from the movie is: "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
- The final words shared between Tommy and Ken may be a reference to the ending of Casablanca, where Rick Blaine says to his friend: "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
- No matter which outfit you are wearing in this mission, Ken Rosenberg will always say you ruined your suit. This also counts if the player is wearing the default outfit.
- In the final cutscene, Tommy uses a beta M16.
- It can often be quite difficult to kill Sonny with all of his guards shooting at you. One of the easiest ways to kill him is to walk to the staircase which leads to both the roof and the lowest floor, while dodging the bullets, and making it to the same level as Sonny. When you get there, kill all of his guards, and then, hiding behind one of the pillars, shoot at him (with a high-powered weapon to kill him quicker). If you angle yourself well behind the pillar furthest from Sonny, he shoots the one closest to him instead of shooting you, giving you a perfect advantage of killing him.
- If the Vercetti gang spawn in the mansion during the mission, they will help Tommy kill the gang members.
|iPad 2 Version|