|This article needs more images of:|
Mission Photo in infobox
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
| MISSION |
Knowing Me, Knowing You
|Game:||The Lost and Damned|
The mission involves Johnny going to Bryce Dawkins' mansion in Westdyke and stealing his orange Infernus. Johnny then takes the car to a mechanic in Acter Industrial Park, Alderney. The mechanic fits a bug in the car, to allow Stubbs to expose Dawkins' homosexual relationship with Bernie Crane.
Stubbs also mentions the mechanic will fix any damage to the car. If the car is damaged en route to the Industrial Park, it will be fixed once Johnny meets the mechanic.
Once the car has been bugged, the player must return the car to the mansion within four minutes. Be very careful not to damage the car, otherwise Dawkins will become suspicious.
Return the car to Dawkins' mansion, and leave the area.
At some point after the mission, you'll receive a text message from Stubbs giving you a number to call if you want to listen to the bug in Bryce's car (If you save and reload before getting the text, Johnny will not receive the text and will not be able to listen to the bug).
Dialling the number will allow you to listen to various random situations, such as:
- Bernie Crane singing "Golden" by Jill Scott while stuck in traffic. During one of these eavesdropping sessions, Crane also mentions Gay Tony's Bodyguard Luis Lopez, mentioning "If he played for our team, I would totally be a catcher".
- Niko Bellic driving around at high speed and shouting at pursuing police officers. This is because Bernie Crane gives the car to Niko as a token of appreciation for helping keep his relationship with Bryce a secret.
- The mission's title may be a reference to a 1976 song of the same name by ABBA, or the 1994 spoof chatshow Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge.
- This mission, along with Tunnel of Death, are the only missions in the GTA IV trilogy where Niko's voice can be heard on the other end of a phone.
- This mission is similar to the GTA San Andreas mission 555 We Tip, which also involves stealing a car, though in San Andreas the car belonged to a DA and was planted with Marijuana.