|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of GTA Wiki|
| MISSION |
Knowing Me, Knowing You
|Game:||The Lost and Damned|
The mission involves Johnny going to Bryce Dawkins's mansion in Westdyke, and stealing his orange Infernus. He is then supposed to take the car to the mechanic in Acter Industrial Park, Alderney and he will bug it so Stubbs can expose Dawkins' relationship with Bernie Crane.
Grab a vehicle and make your way to Bryce's house in Westdyke where you'll find Bryce's orange Infernus. Get in it, and drive it to the complete opposite end of Alderney (at the Acter Industrial Park) where you will be able to get it fitted with a bug.
Stubbs also mentions the mechanic will fix all the damages to the car. If the car is damaged on route to the Alderney Industrial Park, the car will be fixed on the spot as well.
Once it's been bugged, you'll have about 3 or 4 real minutes to get it back. This time, though, you can't damage the car or Bryce will know something's up. Every time you get a message telling you what time the vehicle has to be back, it means you've got a minute less real time.
Drop it off at his house, then leave the area.
At some point after the mission, you'll receive a text message from Stubbs giving you a number to call if you want to listen into the bug in Bryce's car. (If you save and reload before getting the text, Stubbs will not send it and you will not be able to call the bugged car.)
Giving it a call will allow you to listen to various random situations, like:
- Bernie Crane singing Jill Scott's "Golden" while shouting at traffic
- During one of these eavesdropping sessions, Crane also mentions Gay Tony's Bodyguard Luis Fernando Lopez, mentioning "If he played for our team, I would totally be a catcher"
- In the last couple of calls Niko can be heard driving around at high speed, yelling and shouting at police pursuers. This is because Bernie Crane gives the car to Niko as a token of appreciation for helping keep his relationship with Bryce a secret.
- The mission's title may be a reference to a song of the same name by ABBA from 1976, or the 1994 spoof chatshow Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge.
- This mission, along with Tunnel of Death, are the only two missions in the GTA IV era where you can hear Niko's voice through the phone.
- This mission is similar to the GTA San Andreas mission 555 We Tip.