|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
|Unlocks:||The Passion of the Heist|
|Unlocked by:||The Morgue Party Candidate|
- "Shit, the Devil's hit pay dirt with you, Antonio. Now either you can go off and say Hail Marys, or you can do the Lord's dirty work."
- — Ned Burner.
L.C. Confidential is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Liberty Tree news reporter Ned Burner from the Liberty City Cathedral in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni goes to the cathedral and is greeted by Burner, who is posing as the local reverend. He tells Toni that to redeem himself, he must stop the publication of faked reports of doping in America's top sports stars. In order to meet the informant, Toni needs to steal an FBI Cruiser and drives to a crime scene in Newport to steal one. He then drives to the informant's location. The informant hops in the vehicle, and realizes that the person is not John-O. Toni says he couldn't make it, but later, John-O arrives. The informant, distrustful of Toni, leaves but Toni chases him, killing him and stealing the documents. Toni takes the documents to a garage behind the Liberty Tree headquarters in Bedford Point. Soon after, a radio report about doping from America's top sports stars airs on the radio.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the crime scene and steal an FBI car, then get to the meeting point
- Go to the meeting place
- Stop the informant
- Retrieve the report
- Deliver the report to Liberty Tree
- This mission's name is a reference to the movie L.A. Confidential.
- The FBI Cruiser that is featured in this mission has a special, pop-proof tires on it. You could actually save it in your garage after the mission and it will retain its properties.