- "Wonderful wildlife haven to some, mosquito-infested swamp to others, you'll either love or hate the Lago Zancudo wetlands."
- ―GTA V manual.
Lago Zancudo, which translates as Zancudo Lake, is an undeveloped area located in Blaine County in the state of San Andreas within Grand Theft Auto V. Its slogan is "Bringing a Taste of Mexico to the U.S.A."
According to the information board of the Fellowship of Zancudo Wildlife Trust, it was gifted to the State of San Andreas in 1941, and it was formerly a jetty used by locals for trading. Since that time, the area has been transformed back to its original wild status, thereby benefitting the local wildlife and enriching the lives of the thousands of visitors every year.
Lago Zancudo is wetland terrain covered with bogs and trees. The Zancudo River runs through it. It borders Fort Zancudo, and is home to wildlife such as birds and deer. The only manmade objects include an old shack where a Blazer spawns in single player, the bridge from the Great Ocean Highway, and a RON gas station with a non-enterable 24/7.
A letter scrap can be found here, specifically on the side of the river closest to Fort Zancudo.
- Lago means "lake" in Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish.
- Zancudo is Spanish for a malarial mosquito.
- Though the information board says that the wildlife of Lago Zancudo includes brown bears, beavers, and coyotes, there are none to be found in the area, or in the game at all (except for coyotes, who can be found in Sandy Shores and its surrounding areas).
- Lago Zancudo is also the location where your character respawns in online play if you are killed in or around Fort Zancudo.
- The water in this area has a unique brownish color, in contrast with the clear color of other bodies of water around the state.
- Varrios Los Aztecas gang member and leader Ortega lived in a riverside trailer, which was located a few feet away from the river due east. Eventually, Trevor, with his Bodhi truck, pushed it into the river, threatening Ortega.
- Sometimes, when switching to Trevor, his switch scene involves him driving in his Bodhi (or possibly another vehicle that the player using Trevor has aquired before switching to Michael and/or Franklin ad then back to Trevor without getting wasted or busted as the former two) after another car.