|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||3671 Whispymound Drive, Vinewood Hills|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Michael De Santa
|Unlocked by:||The Wrap Up|
Franklin is visited by Tanisha who tells him that Stretch set Lamar up with the Ballas, which are holding up Lamar in the Paleto Forest Sawmill. Franklin then asks Lester to contact Michael and Trevor to aid him in rescuing Lamar (despite the current state of their friendship). Franklin, Trevor, and Michael arrive to the spot to rescue Lamar, with the help of Lester. They proceed to kill the Ballas and Franklin brings him back home to Forum Drive. While there, Lamar and Franklin get into a small dispute, arguing about Franklin's many efforts to save Lamar from problems he got himself into. Franklin advises Lamar to remain civilized and stay out of trouble, and to get real work, instead of the routine gang banging lifestyle. Suddenly, Franklin is confronted by Steve Haines and Dave Norton, who tasks Franklin to kill Trevor, due to his violent behavior and liability, but Franklin refuses, asking them to recruit Michael to do it instead. Dave tells him Michael can't do it, since Trevor already distrusts Michael and leaves.
- Go to the Paleto Forest Sawmill. - (Franklin)
- Assume a battle position. - (Trevor)
- Assume a battle position. - (Franklin)
- Find Lamar. - (Franklin or Trevor)
- Go to Lamar. - (Franklin or Trevor)
- Take Lamar to the sawmill exit. - (Franklin or Trevor)
- Protect Lamar. - (Franklin, Trevor or Michael)
- Take Lamar back to his home. - (Franklin)
Gold Medal Objectives
- Headshots - Kill 18 enemies with a headshot
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%
- Three Way - Kill an enemy with all 3 characters
- Time - Complete within 13:30
- Tanisha Jackson - "You did the right thing, Franklin. An idiot who loves you is better than no idiot at all. Be happy."
- Jimmy De Santa - "Can't believe you're a movie producer! You're almost cool, Pop!"
- Amanda De Santa - "I just got an invitation to a movie premiere! First thing I've opened in years that hasn't been a bill or a court summons. xoxoxo"
- This mission and Franklin and Lamar, are the only missions where Lamar speaks with Michael, when the group is getting out of the sawmill he thanks Michael saying: "Thank you, sneaky dude".
- When Franklin asks Steve Haines about what he wants from him, jokingly asking if it's something like killing the president, Haines replies that it's, "something more sensible", which is what inspired the name of Ending A which is given by Haines.
- This mission is seen briefly in the GTA V gameplay trailer where Franklin is assaulting from the first position with an AP Pistol.
- This is a similar mission to Hostile Negotiation in GTA IV and Death Row in GTA Vice City, as it involves the protagonist(s) having to go through killing tons of enemies surrounding a building as well as to save a single person held hostage.
- When Franklin is looking over the sawmill with the binoculars, Lamar will be wearing his normal green shirt. But when the player finds Lamar, he will be wearing a black shirt.
- If you drive by the area where Lamar is without going to the yellow point where you're required to go, such as driving on a road right next to and close to the red building, the battle will automatically trigger even if you didn't meet Michael and Trevor before the battle.
- Franklin can call Stretch after the end of the mission, Franklin will accuse Stretch of seting the meting with the Ballas to kill Lamar, Stretch will deny and say to Franklin be careful what he says.
- Trevor can call Lamar after this mission, he thanks him for helping save his life, and Trevor tells him to thank Franklin too.
- If you switch to Michael after this mission, he will be driving home on the freeway and make a comment on the distance between Los Santos and Paleto Bay. If you switch to Trevor after this mission, he will be driving home as well, but singing "If you go out in the woods today, be prepared for a big surprise...", a line for the child song "The Teddy Bears Picnic".
- If Franklin wears Families colors, a Ballas member will yell: "He is from Families, get him!"
- It is possible to do this mission without hearing the phone call Michael receives from Dave after "The Wrap Up" and miss the first discussion regarding eliminating Trevor.