| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||3671 Whispymound Drive, Vinewood Hills|
Michael De Santa
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocked by:||The Wrap Up|
Franklin is visited by Tanisha who tells him that Stretch set Lamar up with the Ballas, which are holding up Lamar in the Paleto Forest Sawmill. Franklin then asks Lester to contact Michael and Trevor to aid him in rescuing Lamar (despite the current state of their friendship). Franklin, Trevor, and Michael arrive to the spot to rescue Lamar, with the help of Lester. They proceed to kill the Ballas and Franklin brings him back home to Forum Drive. While there, Lamar and Franklin get into a small dispute, arguing about Franklin's many efforts to save Lamar from problems he got himself into. Franklin advises Lamar to remain civilized and stay out of trouble, and to get real work, instead of the routine gang banging lifestyle. Suddenly, Franklin is conforted by Steve Haines and Dave Norton, who tells Franklin to kill Trevor, due to his violent behavior and liabilty, but Franklin refuses, asking them to recruit Michael to do it instead. Dave tells him Michael can't do it, since Trevor already distrusts Michael and leaves.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Headshots - Kill 18 enemies with a headshot
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%
- Three Way - Kill an enemy with all 3 characters
- Time - Complete within 13:30
- This mission and Franklin and Lamar, are the only missions where Lamar speaks with Michael, when the group is getting out of the sawmill he thanks Michael saying: "Thank you, sneaky dude".
- When Franklin asks Steve Haines about what he wants from him, jokingly asking if it's something like killing the president, Haines replies that it's, "something more sensible", which is what inspired the name of Ending A which is given by Haines.
- This mission is seen briefly in the GTA V gameplay trailer where Franklin is assaulting from the first position with an AP Pistol.
- This is a similar mission to Hostile Negotiation in GTA IV and Death Row in GTA Vice City, as it involves the protagonist(s) having to go through killing tons of enemies surrounding a building as well as to save a single person held hostage.
- When Franklin is looking over the sawmill with the binoculars, Lamar will be wearing his normal green shirt. But when the player finds Lamar, he will be wearing a black shirt.
- If you drive by the area where Lamar is without going to the yellow point where you're required to go, such as driving on a road right next to and close to the red building, the battle will automatically trigger even if you didn't meet Michael and Trevor before the battle.