(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Public Service/Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Tow truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Related vehicle(s)||Tow Truck|
The Vapid Large Tow Truck, also spelt Large Towtruck, is, as implied, a tow truck featured in Grand Theft Auto V. It is significantly larger than its smaller counterpart. The vehicle is simply named Tow Truck in game.
The major differences between the Large Tow Truck and the normal Tow Truck are the model of inspiration then the size and the inability of being customized and stored. Unlike the other version, it has a heightened ground clearance, thus towing vehicles is considerably easier than its other variant. The Large Tow Truck has a slightly rusted body.
The Large tow truck is a heavy truck with a V8 Diesel engine and it's considerably fast for such a big truck and smooth handling, however, it has poor brakes and may take a long distance to stop.
- A large tow truck reliably spawns parked outside in front of the Los Santos Customs garage located off of Greenwich Parkway near San Andreas Interstate 5 (La Puerta Freeway) between La Puerta and Vespucci Beach, behind Los Santos International Airport (LSIA).
- A large tow truck intermittently spawns inside an open barnhouse on the lefthand side of Dignity Village (a homeless encampment accessed through railroad underpass) located off of Route 1 (Great Ocean Highway) in Mount Chiliad (more precisely, across from Ray-n-May's Up-n-Atom Burger Shakes & Hamburgers Diner restaurant next to Procopio Truck Stop).
- Can also be spotted on the road being driven on highways.
- The truck is used in the Heist, Blitz Play. It is also used in the side mission, Grass Roots, playing as Franklin.
- It is used in the Repossession mission(s) encountered by Franklin, with Tonya.
- All variations of the Large Tow Truck, without exception, feature a transfer on each door: "Casey's Highway Clearance".
- It's a variant of the Scrap Truck, which at same time is based on a Yankee, from GTA IV.
- It may also be a variant of the Tipper for the front as well as the Yankee.
- Like the Cargobob, the Large Tow Truck can tow most of the land vehicles in the game compared to the Towtruck.
- The Large Tow Truck can also tow larger vehicles; Bus, Dashound, Packer, Phantom, Stockade, Dock Handler and Dozer