Leo Teal is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a minor character in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Teal resides in Vice City and works as a chef and as a hitman on behaf of Mr. Black and the Cubans. The voice artist for Leo Teal is not known.
At some point prior to late 1986 Teal began to work as a chef in Ocean Beach, Vice City and as a hitman for Mr. Black. The Vice City Police Department correctly suspect he has links to Black and works as a hitman, also believing him to be involved in the narcotics trade, but have been unable to tap his telephone due to Teal being a communications expert. Teal's police file describes his personal life as 'very complicated' and he is involved in 'dubious practices' with Moweesha and a manatee, as well as interior designer and restaurant owner Eugene.
He is killed by protagonist Tommy Vercetti in an alley in Ocean Beach, with Vercetti looking for a lead in the ambushed drug deal between the Forelli Family, which he represented, and the Vance Crime Family. Vercetti later poses as Teal and works as a hitman for Mr. Black, killing a number of people. The Streetwannabes thief from The Chase also calls Vercetti on Teal's cell phone to say there was a buyer for Ricardo Diaz' drugs, suggesting that Teal may have been involved in the ambushed drug deal, possibly as one of the gunmen.
Tommy's association with the Cubans also started when he received a call from them on Leo's phone and informed them that he killed Leo and stole the phone. This impressed the person he spoke to enough that he was asked to visit the cafe in Little Havana and speak to Umberto Robina.
VCPD Crime Tree Record
- Possible connection with Mr. Black
- Very complicated personal life.
- Works in restaurant business.
- Communications expert.
- Haven't been able to get a working tap on his phones.
- Believed to be working as a hitman in Vice City.
- Possible involvement in narcotics trade.
- GTA Vice City
- Leo Teal was originally meant to appear in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. He would have given out 5 unknown missions, but was cut from the final version of the game for unknown reasons.