The locations of all fifty scraps, including those the player has not found, is available to players with a Rockstar Social Club account; it can be viewed under the "Checklist" tab.
The letter scraps look like white glowing pieces of paper laying on the floor. When the player is nearby, the sound of a piece of paper flapping in the wind can be heard. This can be useful for finding the exact location. The game will automatically be saved after picking one up (unless the player has the "Autosave" option disabled).
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
- Alta - At the STD Contractors construction site.
- Backlot City
- Cypress Flats - On an underground tunnel under Popular Street.
- Davis (2)
- Del Perro Pier - On the balcony of the Pearl's Seafood restaurant.
- East Vinewood - On the stands of the Vinewood Racetrack.
- Elysian Island - Inside a tugboat called Olifantus.
- Hawick - On the half pipe of the skate park.
- La Mesa - On the Vespucci Boulevard bridge that links Downtown and East Los Santos.
- Lake Vinewood Estates - In the outdoor game room on one of the properties.
- Los Santos International Airport (2)
- Murrieta Oil Field - Inside a bus in the Car Scrapyard.
- Pacific Bluffs (4)
- Pillbox Hill - Mile High Club construction site, on top of the highest platform of the crane.
- Terminal - On top of a container on Buccaneer Way.
- Vespucci - In a tunnel of the canal under Palomino Avenue.
- Vespucci Beach - Inside a dry pool.
- Vinewood Hills (2)
- West Vinewood
Los Santos County
- Dignity Village - In the doorway of one of the buildings, next to a health pack.
- Mount Chiliad - Located near the Gondola station next to the parachute.
- Mount Gordo - In the island of the lighthouse.
- Redwood Lights Track - On the tank in the construction site.
- Sandy Shores (2)
ATTN: David Richards
My dear David,
Listen, I know you're a little offended by your discovery of my 'petit indiscretion' as the French would say, but I want you to understand - that's all it is - a little indiscretion. I agree whole heartedly with you - my actions were a little inhumane. But that's not a bad thing. Inhumanity is the very watchword, the very currency, the very life blood of the artist! My inhumanity makes me human. It's thanks to my inhumanity that I'm able to speak to people with the moral authority of the sinner and the creator, all at once. I had to kill her. And I had to do it in that way. The way that would hurt me most - by torturing her slowly and painfully, then sending mementos from our date to her family. And in the years since, I've had to, at times, goad her family into further suffering. Just to prove how very much I understand suffering and how I can represent it best as an artist - isn't it better that one family suffers so the world can be free to enjoy, to learn and to be cleansed by my masterpieces? Don't even bother answering that. The answer is obvious and if you get it wrong, well, then you're less of a man than I thought.
But let us not concern ourselves with such trivialities - we are artists, my friend. The last of a dying breed. I dread the day when you finally retire and Solomon takes over - sure I love the kid but he's a remorseless hack with none of your passion, your creative zeal. He's a weak livered moralizer hiding in the body of a Vinewood decadent. He understands nothing about why we act as we do! Not because we can, but because we must. And that's the thing. Some people take advantage of their position in this town for pleasure - as if sleeping with multiple young girls, or torturing hitchhikers or eating dogs could ever be fun? It's awful. I only do it to experience it so my art is truer, deeper, more meaningful, and I believe you know that.
I cannot wait for you to read my new draft of LEARED. I have really removed the cliches that ruined Shakespeare's plays and found the power, the moment, the thing we talked about that wonderful night in Mexico when we paid the hookers to stab each other.
Anyway, I hope you and Rachel have worked through your problems. I look forward to making Friday supper again soon. You've always been an inspiration to me.
Your dear friend
- The letter scraps are mentioned in an internet news article from Daily Rag after the mission Friends Reunited, the article mentions that the movie executive Ira Richards accidentally revealed that his grandfather, David Richards, destroyed a confession letter before he died. He later claims that he was misquoted. The remains of this destroyed confession letter are the scraps that the player collect in the game.