Fire Department of Liberty City
Feel the Burn.
|Common name:||Fire Department of Liberty City|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV |
The Ballad of Gay Tony
The Lost and Damned
- The LCFD appears in many GTA games. To see all the LCFD renditions, see Liberty City Fire Department.
Like in previous games, the Fire Department of Liberty City (FDLC) operates Fire Trucks in their service, and has several stations throughout all of Liberty City and Alderney. They also have a medical division called the MS Paramedic which oversees medical treatment across the entire city and state. The motto of the FDLC is "Feel The Burn"; this can be seen in fire houses as well as on all of the FDLC's apparatus.
Unlike previous renditions of fire departments, the GTA IV rendition of the FDLC is less responsive towards fire. They do not automatically rush to blazes, and can only be called in using the player's "911" mobile phone call. However, even if there is a fire and the player calls them, they will ignore it and leave after a few seconds. One of the only notable times the FDLC will respond to a fire is the mission "Rigged to Blow".
Overall the firefighters seem to have gotten an overhaul since GTA III, the firefighters now wear full turn out gear (resembles MorningPride gear as per to resemble FDNY), wear Air Packs (it looks like the Scott 4.5 model) and have helmets with patches that say ENGINE 69, also some gear is hung on racks, either to dry off or for firefighters who are not working. They wear black fire protective gear with yellow reflective strips, a fireman's flashlight on the upper left chest, an oxygen tank strapped to their backs, and helmet. Some firefighters are chiefs as marked on their uniform jacket.
- Fire Trucks: Modified MTL Fire Engine with a red with white color scheme.
- Ambulances: Brute manufactured Burrito based model with a red with white color scheme.
List of Fire Stations
In total, there are at least eight functional Fire Stations scattered all over Liberty City in GTA IV (fire stations in Alderney are not present in GTA: Chinatown Wars, since Alderney is not featured in the game):
- Dillon Street, Rotterdam Hill, Broker, - Broker Fire Station
- Francis International Airport, Dukes. - Francis International Airport Fire Station
- Worm Street, Northern Gardens, Bohan, - Bohan Fire Station "Ladder 69"
- Exeter Avenue, Northwood, Algonquin. Between Boleyn St. - Northwood Fire Station
- Frankfort Avenue, Westminster, Algonquin, also known as "Engine 47" (unmarked on map). - Westminster Fire Station
- Privateer Road, Fishmarket South, Algonquin. - Fishmarket South Fire Station
- Vitullo Avenue, Berchem, Alderney, also known as "Ladder Company No. 1" and "Engine Company No. 2". - Berchem Fire Department
- Hardtrack Avenue, Tudor, Alderney. - Tudor Fire Station
Note that in GTA IV, the only Fire Stations that have a parked fire truck outside the station are the ones in Bohan, Algonquin (with the exception of the Westminster Fire Station) and Alderney.
- In TBoGT, when at the Fire Department on Worm Street, and if the player gets the police on them, the security guards from The Triangle Strip Club will come running in with the police, although they are unarmed and can easily be killed.
- Unlike real firefighters, their protective gear is not fire proof, for example, if a molotov cocktail is thrown at them, they will be burned and thus killed or critically wounded by the extent of their burns.
- The FDLC cannot be attacked or arrested by the police, if the player or a NPC is fighting with FDLC's firemen, the police will arrest or kill the player or NPC, the same happens with Paramedics.