- "So what we're saying is this is a matter of National Security. Normally, I don't care about cocaine, keeps controllable people in power, but this is no good."
- ― U.L. Paper Contact
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the compound
- Find a way into the compound to destroy the vans
Drive over to the compound in Alderney. It might be a good idea to buy an RPG with a few missiles from the back-alley gun shop around the corner of the compound. Hop over the big fence and watch the cutscene as Niko mounts himself over the fence. After that, gain cover behind the cube-like pillar on the right.
Using the element of surprise and a shotgun, get rid of the first few guards and a whole wave of them will come. There is a building in front of you at this point; gain cover and gun the guards down. Remember that the guards are first priority, then you can do something with the vans. Start using explosives to destroy the vans. Once all but one hidden van are destroyed, a barely surviving Russian will enter the remaining coke van and attempt to escape with the stuff. Remaining in cover, rocket or gun down the van as the Russian drives it down the small hill and over the fence. There is a possibility of you accidentally killing the last Russian before he gets to the van.
Climb over the uneven wooden fence to the right of the compound entrance, there's a blue skip you can climb up to get on top of the shack below the air ducts. Climb onto the air ducts and then onto the roof. Run over to the other end and then climb the ladder. There's a guy there armed with a Carbine Rifle, so quickly dispose of him. There's another rifle next to him. From here, you can see a majority of the enemies, so use the Carbine Rifle to shoot the enemies in the yard and on the roofs. Be careful for any lone soldiers coming from the stairwell. After disposing of the soldiers, get back to ground level via the staircase and then destroy the vans.
This method can also be accessed by getting an Ambulance and then parking it near the wall shown at the end of the video. If you don't know where it is, facing the fence that is in front of the complex, turn right and then take a left. It's a wall with some white lining. Climb on top of the Ambulance and then on the wall to get to the ducts.
- Blowing up vans can be done with standard weapons, like rifles and SMGs, but heavier ordnance makes the job easier. If you don't have a rocket launcher yet, get one and load up on ammo. Stock up to your full limit of grenades too. Put on some Body Armor, as well.
- On top of a carton, there is a grenade pickup. This can grant you an easier way to deal with the vans.
- To complete "Liquidize the Assets," only the five drug-filled vans marked on radar must be destroyed. However, preventing an enemy escape with a van is easier if you patiently pick off most (if not all) of the potential drivers in the yard before targeting the vehicles.
- During the cutscene that plays upon reaching the compound, the guard on the climbable building is holding a Combat Sniper, but after the cutscene, he has a Carbine Rifle. The Combat Sniper, however, can be found close by him, and can be collected by the player.
- This is the final appearance of Jon Gravelli.
- Before and after you finish the mission, you can find an unlocked random vehicle near the compound.
- The player can actually complete this mission before Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend, Blood Brothers, Undertaker, Tunnel of Death, Pest Control, I'll Take Her... and other missions following Three Leaf Clover and Weekend at Florian's.