Logging On is a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV given to protagonist Niko Bellic by his cousin Roman from Roman's cab depot in Hove Beach. The mission introduces computer usage, TW@ internet cafés, and the ingame internet, and is also the first appearance of Brucie Kibbutz.
Niko meets Roman at his taxi office in Hove Beach, and also meets Brucie Kibbutz, a friend of Roman's. Roman tells Niko he is frustrated that Niko doesn't have an email account, and Niko promises to create one.
Niko leaves Roman's office and drives to the internet café on Oneida Avenue. Niko walks inside and meets Alejandra, another one of Roman's friends. Niko logs onto a computer and activates an account with the EyeFind Mail Service. Once Niko's account has been created, he logs off the computer and leaves the internet café.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the internet cafe.
- Go and speak to the assistant in the cafe.
- Go and use one of the computer terminals.
- Check his email
- Reply positively to activate his account
- Log off the computer terminal
- Leave the internet cafe
There is no monetary reward for completing this mission, though the missions Search and Delete and Rigged to Blow are unlocked. The player can now access the internet through any computer terminal, and can contact other characters through email. Niko also receives a phone call from Roman, who asks if Niko would "acquire" some cars for Brucie, unlocking the Exotic Exports side mission.
- Before this mission, Alejandra will not be seen working at the internet cafe on Oneida Avenue, and a man will be seen instead.
- It is possible for Niko to access the internet before this mission, though he cannot contact other characters until after this mission.
- It is possible to kill Alejandra before logging on to a computer without failing the mission.
- When Niko is talking to Alejandra, the player is unable to control him. The player will regain control of Niko after the conversation is over.
- The player may take money from the cash register without receiving a wanted level, as the mission ends once the player leaves the internet café.