The Los Santos County Fire Department (LSFD) is the fire department that protect the city of Los Santos, Los Santos County, and Blaine County featured in Grand Theft Auto V. The Los Santos City Fire Department is a subdivision of the Los Santos County Fire Department, as all fire apparatus bear the both organizations' names. The two departments are based on the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) and the Los Angeles County Fire Department (LACoFD), respectively. The fire department are a lot more responsive and professional then the prequel's fire service, with firefighters responding to fires and extinguishing them with fire extinguishers and the fire trucks deck gun, or water cannon, firefighters once again have a larger purpose in the game.
Summoning the Fire Dept.
The Los Santos County Fire Department can easily be summoned by cell phone. To call a fire truck, select contacts on the player's phone, then select emergency services, and press "fire dept." When prompted by the 911 dispatcher. This can also be done by dialing 911 on the phone's dialpad. After that, a fire truck will arrive at the player's location a few minutes after the call is ended. The same can be done with Paramedics by selecting "Paramedics" on the menu, however there is no guarantee whether the responding Ambulance will be the LSFD or a Hospital.
- Fire Trucks: Modified MTL Fire Engine with a Los Santos Fire Department, red with white & orange stripe color scheme.
- Ambulances: Brute manufactured Burrito based model with a Los Santos Fire Department "Paramedic", red with white & orange stripe color scheme.
- Lifeguard SUV: used by Lifeguard which is a division of the LSFD. Serves a similar purpose to the Ambulance; Granger based with a "Lifeguard". Yellow over white with red text and light bar in the roof rack which holds a surfboard.
- Air Ambulance: The LSFD also extends their services to the use of Air Ambulance helicopters, located on hospital helipads these helicopters are marked red and white with "Ambulance" on the doors and tail of the chopper.
Fire Turnout Gear
LSFD firefighters wear all yellow bunker gear with yellow & silver fluorescent strands resembling their real life counterparts in the LAFD. The fire Helmets are either colored Yellow, Orange or White based on the firefighters rank: Yellow being firefighter; Orange being Captain; and White being a Battalion Chief or Commanding Officer. Firefighters will sometimes wear SCBA packs and masks when arriving to a scene, as well as use fire extinguishers, fire axes or the fire trucks water cannon to deal with fires.
Fire Station Locations
- Davis (Los Santos County)
- Los Santos International Airport (Los Santos City)
- Paleto Bay (Blaine County)
- Rockford Hills (Los Santos City)
- Sandy Shores (Blaine County)
- South Los Santos (Los Santos City)