|Los Santos International Airport (LSX)|
|Airlines||FlyUS, Air Herler, Adios Air, Caipira Airways, Air EMU, MyFly, AirSol|
- "One of the busiest airports in the world, with nowhere near enough infrastructure to support it, Los Santos International brings third-world service to first-world travel."
- ―Grand Theft Auto V digital manual.
Los Santos International Airport (LSIA or LSX) is an international airport located in Los Santos, to the west of the port and to the south of La Puerta. The LSIA district is also the location of the airport's nearby warehouses, restaurants and hotels.
Like its 3D Universe rendition, it is based on the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
DescriptionThe airport consists of three runways, one on its north-western side used for small business jets and two on its southern side used for large commercial aircraft. GTA V is the first game in the HD universe in which players can see planes taking off and landing on their own, as well the first game in the HD universe that allows the player to fully control the large Boeing 747-inspired commercial Jets.
The aircraft seen in the airport belong to multiple distinct airlines, unlike all other airports in the series which only featured aircraft belonging to one specific airline (for example: Plummet Airlines in Escobar International or FlyUS in Francis International).
Trespassing on the runways will result in a three-star wanted level unless the player purchases a hangar as either Franklin or Michael, which allows the player to roam around the entire airport safely. NOOSE has a branch based at LSX. There is high security at the entrances to the airport with CCTV and at least one armed guard at all the vehicle entrances. The entrance and approach road to the passenger terminal is patrolled by police officers armed with automatic weapons.
FeaturesThe airport has two unique jumps on its Terminal, which are small runway ads that move up to a 90 degree angle. It also offers a flight school, which can be used by all three characters to boost their flight skills.
As mentioned above, there are two hangars south of the runways that can each be purchased by either Michael or Franklin. They can be used to store aircraft or vehicles bought from Warstock Cache & Carry. Trevor cannot purchase a hangar, most likely due to his ability to access the one on Sandy Shores Airfield.
Devin Weston has his own hangar which is located to the left as soon as the player enters the runway area. Molly Schultz is accidentally killed in this hangar when she gets sucked into a Jet's engine during Legal Trouble.
Airlines and Destinations
Liberty City, Puerto Rico
|Air EMU||Regional (Possibly)|
|FlyUS||Liberty City, Las Venturas, Vice City|
|Air Herler||United Kingdom (Possibly)|
Roads and Streets
- Exceptionalists Way
- New Empire Way
- Alpha Mail
- Escalera Rent-a-Car
- Opium Nights Hotel
- Poppy House Restaurant
- Sightings Bar & Restaurant
- Touchdown Car Rentals
- Von Crastenburg Hotel
- Xero Gas
- NOOSE - LSIA Branch
- While LSIA is the only international airport in Grand Theft Auto V, there is also a long airstrip in Fort Zancudo, a regional airport in Grand Senora Desert, and a small dirt airstrip in Grapeseed. As the game progresses and Trevor's safe house shifts to the Vanilla Unicorn in Downtown Los Santos, Trevor's inability to purchase a hangar at LSIA becomes somewhat problematic as he must return to Blaine County to access any aircraft he may have purchased.
- Entering the airport will give you a 3 star wanted level until it has been bought, as opposed to GTA IV's 4 stars.
- This airport is one of the only known spawn points for the Stretch. One of the hangars on the airport grounds has both a white and black Stretch parked outside, most likely for the transport of VIPs to and from the airport.
- Strangely, when you fly over the airport, the air traffic controller will warn the player to divert the area, but will sometimes warn the player that they will be shot down, even though there are no lock-on missiles around to shoot the player down.