Los Santos County Lifeguard
|Common name:||Los Santos County Lifeguard|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
The Los Santos Lifeguard is an emergency service division part of the Los Santos Fire Department based in Los Santos that provides safety to the public on Vespucci Beach and Del Perro Beach. They have several lookout points located along both beaches, as well as a large station and the southern point of Vespucci Beach.
Uniform and Equipment
The lifeguards are required to wear swimwear that is a bright red color with the lifeguard logo on it which makes them easy to identify when in public. It can be a vest, t-shirt or undershirt with swim trunks on as pants. This is due to the environment that they work in being a beach and are needed to respond quickly in an emergency which would allow them to be easily spotted or can quickly jump into the water. The only equipment used by the lifeguard staff are flotation devices and surf boards to rescue drowning victims in the ocean and first aid kits.
List of Lifeguard Stations
- Vespucci Beach Lifeguard Station - end of Bay City Avenue, far south end of the beach
- Del Perro Beach Lifeguard Station - end of Sandcastle Way, south of Del Perro Pier
- Lifeguard SUV - Found at several points on the beach during the daytime hours; and one always spawns parked at the large lifeguard station.
- Blazer Lifeguard - ATV with a more utilitarian design than the regular Blazer. Found patrolling and parked on the beach during daytime hours.
- Seashark Lifeguard - Version of the Seashark with a red lifeguard paintjob. Can be found floating unoccupied just off shore in Vespucci Beach.
- Lifeguard Frogger - Version of the Frogger with a bright green paintjob. Commonly seen flying northwards above Pacific Bluffs and Chumash.
- It is obtainable only in Singleplayer; forcing it to land from damage & quickly boarding it to perform the "character repair switch" tactic.
- The green Frogger does not have NPC lifeguard occupants, they are standard civilians.
- Often the 1-2 NPC occupants are wearing bright colors for some reason, at a distance seeming like lifeguard uniforms.
- Due to the helicopter's strict coastal flight pattern, it has been themed with the lifeguards.
- Lifeguards will only spawn and patrol during the daytime.
- The Lifeguard Granger is the only vehicle with sirens.
- Lifeguards will become hostile toward the player if they catch you stealing any emergency vehicle, usually resulting in one star.
- The Lifeguard Granger SUV can be repaired at LS Customs but not modified.
- Interestingly, there is no possible way to summon a lifeguard by dialing 911 even at or near a beach. That is bizzare because fire and ambulance crews can and they are part of the LSFD.