Luck Of The Irish
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Elizabeta's Apartment, South Bohan|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Shooting before the deal goes down
Dealers get away
|Unlocks:||Blow Your Cover|
|Unlocked by:||Street Sweeper|
- "I need someone no one knows to oversee a deal I'm not sure about."
- ― Elizabeta Torres
Luck Of The Irish is the first mission given by Elizabeta Torres to watch over a drug deal. This mission serves as a Sniper Rifle tutorial. Elizabeta asks Niko to keep watch over a deal that she isn't too comfortable with.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the building in South Bohan.
- Go to the roof and pick up the sniper rifle.
- Make your way to the vantage point.
- Packie and his accociate have arrived. Watch over the meeting with the sniper rifle.
- Take out all of the attackers.
- Protect Packie.
- Packie is in trouble find him and help him.
- Shoot through the windshield to hit the driver. (if he gets in the car)
Head over to the building on Joliet Street. Head up the stairs and collect the Sniper Rifle from the corner you exit in. Go around the escape and step into the yellow marker. The game then gives a tutorial about how to use a sniper. Packie arrives with the "stuff." While he is doing that, aim down the sights and wait for the deal to botch, and the dealers to begin to shoot at Patrick and his unnamed accociate.
Madly snipe all of the men and some more pour in. Zoom in with the sniper rifle and take out all of the attackers. Take your time with each shot and deal with one person at a time. Don't worry much about your health, as they won't even notice you. One of the attackers gets in a tussle with Patrick, so snipe him, and then three more attackers will arrive. Once you have taken out the three attackers, the last attacker will attempt to escape in the van. Snipe him through the windshield to complete the mission. Afterwards, Niko calls Elizabeta to let her know that Patrick is safe.
- The dealers - Killed by Niko for setting up Packie.
- Packie's associate (optional) - Can be killed by the dealers during the shoot out, can also be killed by Niko.
Michelle will call Niko, saying to be careful around Elizabeta Torres because she's a dealer.
Little Jacob will call, saying that Elizabeta is a good business woman, but beware of her bad side.
- Once the mission completed tune plays, the player can easily shoot Packie without the mission failing, even destroying his car with an RPG. He will still show up later in the storyline, since it does not affect it. The same happens in TBOGT mission Ladies Half Price.
- It is possible to kill Packie's associate during the shootout, however, this will not result into failing the mission and won't have any effect on the storyline. The player will only fail the mission if anybody involved in the deal is killed before the shootout or if Packie is killed.
- This is the first official appearance of Patrick McReary (not counting his cameo in First Date).
- There are two flying rats on the corner of the building to the north of the alley in which the deal took place, that Niko can easily shoot.
- The van at the meeting place is a Pony.
- In rare cases, if you shoot the attacker entering the van before he starts it, the van becomes submerged underground and only the roof and the top part of the windshield can be seen.
- If you manage to run down the building fast enough upon mission completion, you would be able to pick up most, if not all, of the weapons that the dealers dropped.
- During the beginning of the mission, Packie refers to Niko as his "guardian angel". This may be a reference to a mission similar to this in which the player must monitor and protect an associate from a rooftop during a drug deal which also ends with a shootout.
- If you fail the mission, Niko will call Elizabeta, like in all other missions, but as she is not in Niko's phone yet, the phone says "Calling...Unknown Caller".