- Cavalry Boulevard
Events of GTA V
In 2004, Michael, Trevor, and Brad rob a bank in Ludendorff. The police swarm the scene and chase the three as they try to escape to their pickup helicopter. The getaway SUV is hit by a train and ruined, and the trio escape on foot to their destination. A sniper hiding around a corner shoots Brad and Michael, killing Brad and immobilizing Michael. Trevor is forced to fend off the approaching police himself, and runs away from some armed pursuing locals. A funeral for Michael is then shown at a snowy cemetery, while Michael watches on from a distance and flicks away his cigarette and leaves.
The police seen in Ludendorff in GTA V are State Troopers. The state police drive white Police Roadcruisers with two stripes down the side and "STATE PATROL" next to the front door, and the police emblem emblazoned on the front doors. They also use Declasse Rancher XLs with the same livery. The cars are fitted with snow chains on tires. Officers wear black coats over white shirts with black ties, and light brown pants.
- Trying to explore Ludendorff during Bury the Hatchet is impossible as the game will fail the mission should the player deviate from the designated path to the church's cemetery.
- Ludendorff is presumably based on Bismarck, the capital of North Dakota. It is clear that North Yankton is based on North Dakota, and "Ludendorff" is the name of a German WWI general, while "Bismarck" is the name of the Iron Chancellor of Germany in the 19th century.
- There is an easter egg found under the bridge that the gang cross in the getaway SUV. An alien can be found frozen under some transparent ice. The alien looks the same as those killed in the mission Grass Roots.
- Ludendorff has its own Lifeinvader page. It is only accessible by Trevor.
- The towns newspaper is called Ludendorff Weekly.
- The biggest beaver in the midwest lives in the town.