Niko Bellic getting ready to snipe
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Castle Gardens, Algonquin|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Fail to kill the target after luring him out
|Unlocked by:||Holland Nights|
- "Tell it to the judge. Tell him I only sent you to kill one guy...So it ain't your fault. I wonder what he'll say? Maybe he'll let you walk - On account of you being braindead and totally fucking mentally retarded!"
- ― Francis McReary
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get ammo for your sniper rifle from the car
- Make your way to the dealer's apartment off Denver Avenue
- Go to the rooftop
- Lure the dealer into the open and take him out
- Leave the rooftop
Francis angrily greets Niko by the fountain in Castle Gardens. He explains that although Clarence Little has met his fate, one of Little's Chief Lieutenants is threatening to expose McReary's corruption. Francis, in turn, threatens to expose Niko to the Feds, but Niko refuses to act until he is paid. Francis then pays, so Niko agrees to take out Little's man.
After the cutscene, hail a taxi or drive to the Feltzer in a parking lot across town. Enter the car, which will grant you several rounds of sniper rifle ammo, and drive to the dealer's apartment. When you reach the apartment, climb to the roof of the building opposite. When you reach the roof, a cutscene shows Little's right hand man watching TV, but Niko cannot see him at this point. He can be lured to the window in several ways.
Luring the dealer to the window
- Phone call - You'll see a number on the dealer's phone: 545-555-0122. If you don't take action, eventually Francis will call you with the number. Dial it, and the dealer will get up to answer the phone, thinking the caller is someone named Shaniqua, possibly his girlfriend. Aim the scope at his head and pull the trigger. After that, head back down to street level before the police see you.
- Shoot the television dish - You can also target the dish on the side of the building, then shoot the dealer when he gets up to see why he's lost his television signal. You can even shoot the TV, but you get only a small window of opportunity to make your shot.
- Shoot the television or Shoot the window - Amazingly this is also a way to lure him near the window.
- You are also able to climb the fire escape up towards his window, if you aim right you can throw a grenade inside, which sometimes kills him.
If the dealer escape from the building
- Generally, the drug dealer is easy to kill through the window.
- If you scare him, for example by firing a few shots through the window, he will try to escape out the front door and drive off in the Dukes parked outside.
- One more labor-intensive method of killing him is to call Packie for a car bomb, attach it to the dealer's Buccaneer outside, and then fire several shots at the apartment. The dealer will be scared and try to flee in his car, at which point you can use your phone to activate the car bomb.
- If Niko gives chase to the dealer in a car, the dealer will eventually crash his car (because he is driving on the wrong side of the road) and escape on foot. However, he will brandish a handgun and fire at Niko, or attempt to hijack another vehicle. Kill the dealer to complete the mission.
- There is a glitch that allows you to enter the Drug Dealer's Apartment before and after the mission.
- After you have killed the dealer and you are told to leave the roof, you can just jump straight off, and even though you die, you will still complete the mission. This death does not affect your Autosave. But it is known to not work and leave you to start the mission all over again.
- If you destroy the Feltzer and you don't have a sniper rifle you will fail the mission (but if you do have a sniper rifle then you won't fail), if you take the sniper rifle from the car and waste the ammo you will be asked to go to a gun shop.