(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door roadster|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
This car is clearly inspired by the Tesla Roadster and Opel Speedster. Borg the Roadster and Speedster are baser on Lotus Elise. As such it features a low front end with a fairly tall front face, featuring three bumper grilles; the central grille spanning two thirds of the bumper width and then a smaller one either side. The headlights are totally ovular, which somehow resembles Rinspeed sQuba, an amphibious car based on Lotus Elise. The manufacturer emblem is located right in front of the bonnet/hood, in the centre. The bonnet/hood features two large, curved-edge intakes placed in the middle.
The sides of the car are very curvy and the greenhouse shrinks in width towards the rear of the car. The main body line curves downwards between the two arches, but curves upwards for either arch, more so for the rear arch, much like a Series 2 Lotus Exige. The main lines that form the edge of the side intakes for the car are also curved. The intake just in front of the rear wheel arch features a CFRP insert. The wheelbase of the car is relatively short, giving the car the appearance of a lightweight, compact roadster, typical of a Lotus-related design. The wheels featured on this car are split five spoke wheels, which appear to be inspired by those found on the Lotus Exige S.
The rear end of this car features rear lighting made up of two circular lamps either side of a central section. The lower area of the rear bumper has a plastic insert. This rear face arrangement very much resembles a Series 2 Lotus Exige.
The Voltic is a very fast car, with incredibly fast acceleration, going 0-60 in 3 seconds or less, some players have said it can beat an Adder. The only downsides of the Voltic are its poor handling compared to other vehicles in its class and that it is lightweight. It can almost instantly be pushed off the road by heavier vehicles such as the Entity XF or the Adder.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
212 mph/345 kph
Lithium-ion electric motor 950 bhp
Rear wheel drive
- Usually found at the Kortz Center's parking, in Pacific Bluffs.
- Can also be found in the parking garage near your getaway vehicle while setting up the final heist for The Big Score.
- Sometimes found in a carpark north of Los Santos International Airport near the runway next to the road leading away from Los Santos Customs and past the Triathlon.
- Sometimes found in the Air Theater parking lot, eastern Vinewood Hills.
- Although this car is based on Lotus Elise, the car's name, Coil Voltic, may be inspired from its electric-driven descendant, the Tesla Roadster ("Coil" refers to Nikola Tesla, the inventor of the Tesla coil, while "Voltic" may refer to Tesla Roadster's status as an electric sports car).
- Being an electric vehicle, the Voltic will not catch fire and explode if severely damaged, but the damage will destroy the battery.
- The Voltic also shares a similarity to the Alarde, which is also based on an Elise in the 2003 game Midnight Club II (another well-known Rockstar game).
- Compliments can be heard upon "gently" pulling up near pedestrians in a Voltic around Rockford Hills, West Vinewood and Downtown Vinewood (they may also take out their camera phones to take a picture of the car).
- There are three variants of the Voltic: hardtop, convertible, and a carbon fiber rooftop.
- The Voltic is one of the fastest accelerating vehicles in a straight line without upgrades, beating the Entity XF and Adder. This is because electric cars have huge amounts of torque available as soon as the engine starts and because the single-speed transmission has been specially tuned to optimize acceleration, just like the real-life Tesla Roadster.
- Also, because of the single-speed transmission, the Voltic is one of the very few cars in the game that can' t have a turbo upgrade installed.
- Due to it being an electric powered vehicle, there is very little to no noise coming from the engine.