|Vehicle class (GTA V)||Planes|
|Vehicle type||Civilian fixed-wing aircraft|
|Body style||Small propeller airplane|
|Capacity||4 (pilot and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Related vehicle(s)||Dodo |
- "Affordable, easy to fly, held together with rivets... The Mammatus is one of the best-selling light aircraft in history, and a whole lot of fun to land in high winds."
- ―ElitasTravel.com description.
The Mammatus is inspired by the Cessna 182 Skylane and 172D. It loooks similar to the Dodo, a fixed-wing aircraft that appeared in earlier GTA games, that took the shape of older Cessna 150/152 models. The fuselage is mostly white with stripes of a randomly generated color, often blue or red, a paint job often seen in real-life Cessnas. The one purchasable by singleplayer characters that is delivered to their hangars always spawns in a full black paint job.
The Mammatus is powered by a single-propeller engine that is capable of delivering great acceleration but a slow top speed, being even behind the Cropduster . This makes it the slowest airplane in the game, and the second slowest aircraft, only behind the Cargobob. On the other hand, the Mammatus is highly maneuverable, and is able to take off and land easily.
It is one of the best aircraft for beginners in piloting because of its stable flight and low turbulence. Its 4 seats also make it a useful and cheap crew/group transport in GTA Online, yet, for an extra 150 thousand dollars, the player can obtain the vastly superior Velum, making it a poor purchase for other than collection.
- Seen flying around Los Santos.
- Sometimes found landing at Trevor's airstrip.
- Sometimes found by Michael 's hangar at the Los Santos International Airport.
- Can be bought from the Elitas Travel website for $300,000 (GTA Online only).
- The Mammatus only has 2 doors and has 4 seats, you warp Into the back seats much like you do in the Velum.
- The term Mammatus is used to describe a certain type of pouch-shaped cloud which can be seen commonly before storms. The word is also derived from the word mamma, meaning breast, which could be an obscene easter egg.
- Given the fact that the Dodo is a very similar aircraft featured in previous games, it is unknown why Rockstar chose to make a new model/name for the Mammatus.
- Strangely, the airplane has two forward-facing headlights (one on each wing), which is rather uncommon on small civilian aircraft, which usually feature only one headlight on the left wing.
- This plane looks somewhat similar to the Woodpecker from the Saints Row series.
- Despite being called "affordable" on the Elitás Travel webpage description, the Mammatus is the second most expensive propeller aircraft in the game, being more costly than both the Mallard and the Cuban 800.