- "Affordable, easy to fly, held together with rivets... The Mammatus is one of the best-selling light aircraft in history, and a whole lot of fun to land in high winds."
- ―ElitasTravel.com description.
The Mammatus is powered by a single-propeller engine that is capable of delivering great acceleration but a top speed behind the Velum. The Mammatus has good handling, and is able to take off and land easily. The plane is great for beginner flyers because of its stable flight and low turbulence.
- Seen flying around Los Santos.
- Sometimes found landing at Trevor's airstrip.
- Sometimes found by Michael 's hangar at the Los Santos International Airport.
- Can be bought from the Elitas Travel website for $300,000 (GTA Online only).
- The term Mammatus is used to describe a certain type of pouch-shaped cloud which can be seen commonly before storms. The word is also derived from the word mamma, meaning breast, which could be an obscene easter egg.
- Given the fact that the Dodo is a very similar aircraft featured in previous games, it is unknown why Rockstar chose to make a new model/name for the Mammatus.
- Strangely, the airplane has two forward-facing headlights (one on each wing), which is rather uncommon on small civilian aircraft, which usually feature only one headlight on the left wing.
- This plane look somewhere similar to the Woodpecker from the Saints row series, a GTA rival.