Maps, represent and depict regions in the GTA Series to enable the player to navigate smoothly throughout the game without getting lost or loosing direction. The maps show the geographic location of the setting of the game and play a vital role in traveling to Missions or evading the police Wanted Level. Every GTA game has had a map which varies in clairity and size. Below is a list of every Game Map in the GTA Series.
Grand Theft Auto
- Game: Grand Theft Auto
- Location: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: London 1969
- Location: London
Grand Theft Auto: London 1961
- Location: Manchester
- Game: GTA 2
- Location: Anywhere City
- Game: GTA III & Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories & Grand Theft Auto: Advance
- Location: Liberty City in 3D Universe
- Description: The GTA III map was the first map in the 3D Universe. It was also the first map to feature curved streets and was the first map not to have a squared off look typically seen in older games. The city is divided into three islands (first time implemented) which are: Portland Island, Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. The map is also the first to have a wilderness, Upstate Liberty.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Location: Vice City in 3D Universe
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Location: San Andreas
- Description: The GTA SA map depicts the State of San Andreas. The map itself is the largest map in the GTA III Era and was the largest in the entire series until Grand Theft Auto V. What makes this game map so unique is that it hold three major cities with airports, various small towns and massive mountains with a seemingly endless wilderness. The map allows the player to zoom into locations as well as set a destination to travel to. The vast San Andreas Highway System links the cities and towns as it criss crosses across the rugged state. The map also contains the largest amount of wild foresting in any GTA game after GTA V.
Landmarks and Cities
Grand Theft Auto IV
- Game: Grand Theft Auto IV
- Location: Liberty City in HD Universe
- Description: The entire map is mostly urban with the exception of only a handfull of city parks, the most noteable being Middle Park. The natural geography has been hidden away by the urban city except for the a few natural shorlines that still remain untouched. Instead of mountains defining the skyline like in GTA SA, there are skyscrapers such as the Rotterdam Tower and the Cleethorpes Tower . The overall map is presented in black and white in the game and offers a navigational system that highlights a route to a location.