Mark Anthony Volpe is a caporegime for the Messina Family along with his brother, Fredo Volpe, who has been a police informant since 1998, though many suspect Mark of been the rat. Mark was unaware of his brothers activities and had once sliced off a family enforcer's tongue for suspecting his brother of being a rat. Mark owns several sports betting rings in the boroughs of Liberty City, and is a dedicated mobster.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Mark Anthony
Place of Birth: Dukes, Liberty City
Affiliations: Messina Crime Family
- 1982 - Murder
- 1993 - Extortion
- 1994 - Manslaughter
- 1995 - Assault
- 1996 - Manslaughter
- 1998 - Promoting Gambling
- 2000 - Promoting Gambling
- 2005 - Manslaughter
- Suspected by fellow members of the Messina Crime Syndicate of being a rat when his brother, Fredo Volpe, is actually the police informant.
- Suspected to be in charge of a sports betting ring that operates throughout the four Liberty City Boroughs; however, he only takes bets on rigged games.
- Believed to have cut out the tongue of a Messina enforcer for suggesting that his brother was an informant.
- Enough wiretap evidence to put him in prison for 12 life sentences.
- "Volpe" is Italian for fox.
- In real life the Volpe brothers were racketeers from Turtle Creek Valley, Pittsburgh who had ties to the Pittsburgh crime family during the Prohibition era.