|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Belleville Park, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
|Target:||Take Ray to the airport just in time|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Ray gets killed|
Ray misses his flight
Items in lockup
|Unlocked by:||Plaster Blaster, A Drop in the Ocean|
- "Get me to the flight at the airport and I'll wake it worth your while."
- ―Ray Machowski.
Marked Man is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by corrupt police officer Ray Machowski from the toilet block at the Belleville Park district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude drops by the toilet block in Belleville Park. Ray tells Claude that he is a "marked man" and needs to escape Liberty City. He wants Claude to take him to the Francis International Airport so he can catch his plane out of the city to Miami. If Claude succesfully drives Ray to the airport, Ray will reward him some items.
Claude and Ray start to make their way to the airport. However, the Shoreside Lift Bridge is guarded by CIA agents, so Claude finds an alternate route, one being the Porter Tunnel. Claude drives through the Porter Tunnel, and he and Ray eventually reach the airport before Ray misses his flight. Once they reach the airport, Ray gives Claude the keys to a lockup in Newport, and enters the airport. After so, he heads to the lockup. Ray pages Claude to take care of the bulletproof Patriot he was rewarded; a rocket launcher, a sniper rifle, an M16, and a flamethrower as well as some money is also inside.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The CIA have the bridge under surveillance, find another route across
- Go over to the lockup and collect Ray's stash
The reward for completing the mission is $20,000, as well as the items from the lockup, including the bulletproof Patriot.
- The mission is the only one in GTA III to make mention of Miami. It can be assumed the idea of using its fictional counterpart, Vice City, has yet to materialize.
- The player can also use the subway to get to the airport, although it will take more time than using the tunnel.
- It is possible to get to Francis International Airport via the bridge using a Rhino tank, which is heavily damageproof and will not get any harm from the bullets of the weapons used by the CIA agents. It is also possible to cross the bridge using the bulletproof Barracks OL, which can be acquired in the mission Arms Shortage.
- The CIA agents that are watching the bridge are heavily armed. The agents at the entrances/exits will carry Uzis and agents beyond and on the span will carry either an AK-47 or an M-16.
- The agents are sharpshooters, so it will be rare for them to miss when the player is in range.
- A tunnel is possibly the easiest way to Ray's flight.
- This mission can only be started if A Drop In The Ocean is completed.
|GTA 3 - iPad Walkthrough - Mission 53 - Marked Man(04:19)|
|GTA 3 - Walkthrough - Mission 53 - Marked Man (HD)(04:11)|