|Vehicle type||Civilian boat|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA Vice City|
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto V
|Manufacturer||Dinka (HD Universe)|
| manufacturer = Dinka
- "Needless to say, nobody actually sails these things."
- — GTA Vice City Website
The Marquis is a long single-hull sailboat with a Bermuda rig and propulsion of the motor in the rear, features that have not changed much since its introduction. While one of the largest boats in the games and common in various locations of the games, the boat is significantly slow (due to its underwhelming motor) and has stiff controls. Despite its design, the ship's sails are of no practical use as they are down and completely rolled up.
While the Marquis in pre-GTA IV games have long been depicted as a leisure sailboat, the GTA IV rendition of the Marquis sports a more luxurious design with additional living quarters underneath the mast. In comparison to the former's blocky design, GTA IV rendition is also sleeker and modernized.
Its only advantage is to be able to carry lots of people, which is of little use, unless if in multiplayer. Also, it can be used to trasport large gangs in GTA San Andreas, but other, smaller boats can also easily carry 8 people, like the Reefer, Tropic, or Coastguard.
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Docked in the Marina, Ocean Beach.
- GTA IV
- Commonly spawns along the West River, although the ship does rarely appear in other waterways in the city.
- Docked near Beaverhead Avenue, Leftwood, Alderney.
- A target for one of The Fixer's Assassinations is standing on a Marquis with bodyguards. If the player kills the target without destroying the boat, he/she can take the boat
Grand Theft Auto V
- This boat is one of the boats used by the French agents during the mission All Hands on Deck, the others being the Tropic and Dinghy.
- In Vice City, there are letters on the back of the boat which read "Marquis 69", which is one of the many references to the 69 sex position.
- The words "Mar" and "Quis" translate, in portuguese to "Sea" and "Wanted" (as in "I wanted"), respectively.
- In the 2nd Trailer of Grand Theft Auto V, Jimmy is seen holding on a boat that resembles the Marquis. This is actually a mission near the start of the game where Michael's yacht is stolen after his son, Jimmy, tries to sell the boat and is double-crossed. Michael and Franklin are then tasked with saving Jimmy and the boat. The picture shows the moment where the boom swings out over the freeway, taking Jimmy with it.