Max Payne is a series of action games created by Rockstar Games. As with Manhunt, references are made to the Grand Theft Auto series.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- In the mission "Tanker Commander", the window pane of the liquor store is labeled "Max Pane".
Max Payne 3
- Towards the end of the chapter "Anybody Can Buy Me A Drink", Max and Raul Passos storm a mafia-run chop shop. One of the vehicles within is a Cognoscenti stripped down to its frame.
- In the same chapter, Max traverses a corridor inside an apartment building while being attacked from a nearby rooftop. If shot down from the roof, a mafia goon may emit the same scream of an "aliens" tramp from GTA IV.
- The police cruisers found in Act 3 are modified Chavos.
- In the chapter "A Fat Bald Dude With a Bad Temper", there are photocopiers branded "Power Ultra 3000 Pro" reused from GTA IV.
- In the multiplayer map "Tiete River Docks", a wall has several pictures of aircraft from Grand Theft Auto V. The aircraft depicted are a beta P-996 Lazer, a Shamal, a Luxor and a Titan.
- The "vehicle.ide" file that contains data from all vehicles in Max Payne 3 contains a "deprecated vehicles" section that contains the names of cars from GTA IV, such as the Cavalcade, Benson and Willard. It also refers to the Cuban 800, a plane that was revealed in GTA V's second trailer.