|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto Online|
|Also known as:||Johnny on the Spot|
|Main affiliation:||Online Player|
- "Don't worry boss! I'll be there in a heartbeat!"
- ―The Mechanic talking to the GTA Online Protagonist.
The Mechanic is a man hired by the Online Player upon their first purchase of a garage or an apartment that has one. The Mechanic's purpose is to repair any vehicles that the Online Player brings to the garage, as long as the vehicles aren't already destroyed, in which case a call to Mors Mutual Insurance will be necessary. The player can call the Mechanic to drop off any stored car to the Online Player's current location, as long as they are near a road. The Mechanic must be paid $50 per day to keep him employed, or else the Mechanic will suspend his services.
As of Title Update 1.10, the Mechanic will no longer deliver the player's car. This is possibly due to the Mechanic's tendency to crash or otherwise damage the player's vehicles while delivering them, because of AI glitches. It could also be due to the fact that the Mechanic tends to drive away when there is a fight going on. Instead, after the update, if the player asks for a car to be delivered, it will immediately spawn near him.
- Despite each one having different physical appearances, every Mechanic has the same voice.
- The Mechanic always wears a grey shirt and black shorts.
- The Mechanic will often be unable to deliver vehicles, either because the Online Player is in an inaccessible location or simply because of bugs.
- Whenever the Mechanic delivers a car to the Online Player, the radio station will always be tuned to Channel X.
- Although the Mechanic is employed by the player, he will act in a hostile manner if bumped or pulled from a vehicle by them, as if he were a random pedestrian.
- Though the player can kill the Mechanic when arriving with a car, he will always be available and respawn.
- Oddly, there are nodes in the LS drain so if the player calls the Mechanic to deliver a vehicle while in there, he will drop off the vehicle in the water.
- Sometimes, the Mechanic will go past the player and drive off with the vehicle, requiring him/her to kill the Mechanic in some way or chase after the Mechanic in order to retrieve the vehicle.
- Since Title Update 1.10, the Mechanic no longer delivers the Personal Vehicle in person. Instead, the Personal Vehicle spawns nearby the player.