|This article or section is Under Construction.|
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|For:||Solomon Richards and Michael De Santa|
|Location:||Ponsonbys, Portola Drive|
|Target:||Saving Michael's family|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Protagonist(s):||Michael De Santa|
|Unlocks:||The Big Score|
|Unlocked by:||Legal Trouble|
The Wrap Up
- For other uses of Meltdown, click here.
Michael and Jimmy attend the Meltdown premiere at the Oriental Theater on Vinewood Boulevard. On the red carpet, Michael notices that Amanda and Tracey are nowhere to be seen; Devin Weston appears and coyly hints that the latter are in trouble - specifically, that he has sent Merryweather agents to deal with Michael's family.
Michael rushes to his house and fights off hordes of agents to keep his family safe. After being incapaciated by one agent, Jimmy comes to Michael's rescue and knocks the agent out. Michael tells his family to lay low while he makes some calls.
- Buy a tuxedo in Ponsonbys to attend the Meltdown premiere.
- Meet Jimmy.
- Get in the limousine.
- Go to the red carpet.
- Save your family.
- Go to your family.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 6:30
- Pedal to the Metal - Reach top speed in any vehicle
- Tier One Operator - Kill 12 enemies with a headshot
- Headshot Rescue - Rescue Amanda and Tracey with a headshot
- On the end of the mission, Jimmy makes a reference to modern FPS games. The camera changes to his perspective (First-person view), he enables night vision by using night vision goggles, brings both of his hands in front of him and, using his bong like a melee weapon, takes down the mercenary and then tea-bags Michael by accident. This scene might gives us a clue that Jimmy is influenced by shooters.
- This is also a reference to the Splinter Cell series with the iconic Trifocal Goggles, as well as the night vision sound heard when the goggles are equipped.
- This mission keeps resemblance with the intro to Max Payne featuring both protagonists coming back home to find their homes overrun by mercenaries. Both have their respective wife and daughter inside the house, and both use bullet-time to fend off their attackers. However, unlike Max, Michael knew about mercenaries trying to kill both Amanda and Tracey at their house before ariving and he earns his victory with his family unscathed.
- This mission in many ways similar to LCS mission Love on the Run, where the player's goal is to protect an ally against a group of enemies in a mansion. In LCS, Antonio protect Donald Love against an attack from the Colombians in the Cartel Mansion.