- "Exercise doesn't have to involve breaking a sweat and that's why Americans love bowling. Go for that tricky 6-9 split secure in the knowledge that you are playing a sport."
- ―GTA IV Manual Description
In GTA IV, there are only two Memory Lanes alleys, one located at Firefly Island, Broker and another in Golden Pier, in Westminster, Algonquin, off Union Drive West. Players can opt to either play a round of bowling on their own or with a friend or girlfriend, turning into a little competition; the alley is prominently featured in GTA IV, when Niko Bellic takes Michelle to the Firefly Island Memory Lanes bowling alley on their first date.
In addition to bowling facilities, each Memory Lanes alley contains a mini Burger Shot restaurant where players can buy food and replenish their health (although it is not usable during an outing with a friend or girlfriend). In The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, an air hockey table is also incorporated into the bowling alley, allowing the player to play Air Hockey.
- The signs in and outside of Memory Lanes light up at night to look like male genitals. The logo itself also looks like male genitals.
- Memory Lanes is a pun on the saying 'A walk down memory lane', referring to witnessing or experiencing nostalgia.
- The radio station Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 plays at both Memory Lanes in Liberty City. In TLAD, the radio station has been changed to Radio Broker.
- Each Memory Lanes has a Burger Shot that the player can refill their health at for $1.
- There is another Memory Lane alley located in Pier 45; however, it is inaccessible.
- Inside Memory Lanes, sometimes, you'll hear any pedestrian shouting "Gimme a White Russian, please!" or "I'm The Dude!" every time they score. This is a reference to the film The Big Lebowski, where The Dude's favorite drink is a White Russian and he's an avid bowling player.