|Games:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Locations:||United States of America|
|Enemies:||Trevor Philips Enterprises|
Online Player (Determinant)
There appears to be two divisions of Merryweather Security. Like Gruppe 6, the first division provides onsite and property protection with uniformed guards; these guards can be seen patrolling properties in marked cars or walking the premises with a guard dog.
The second division is a paramilitary force equipped and trained for high-risk operations; this division is comprised primarily of former military servicemen, possibly Special Forces.
Role in GTA V
At the game's start, Merryweather is cleared by the American government to begin operating on US soil, both in service of the government and of other organizations in the private sector.
Throughout the game, Merryweather suffers many problematic setbacks at the hands of the game's main protagonists, particularly those of Trevor Philips. During the game, Merryweather has one of the experimental weapons they were guarding for the US government stolen; one of their planes, which was carrying millions of dollars in weaponry, hijacked and taken down; one of their courier trains, carrying millions of dollars worth of priceless artifacts, derailed; dozens of their men killed at a massive shootout in the Kortz Center; several men killed after an unsuccessful house invasion, dozens of their men killed while unsuccesfully attempting to stop a heist at the Union Depository Building and (depending on the player's choice) one of their chief board members kidnapped, stuffed into a car, and rolled off a cliff.
By the end of the main storyline, Merryweather's reputation is in shambles after so many catastrophic failures, causing several of their regular clients to drop them from their payroll, including the US government. After losing the government contract, Merryweather loses clearance to operate on American soil and is forced to shut down several operations they'd started in the country, costing them millions of dollars.
- Molly Schultz (Formerly)
- Franklin Clinton (Formerly)
- Michael De Santa (Formerly)
- Trevor Philips (Formerly)
- Lamar Davis (Formerly)
- Online Player
- GTA V
- Scouting the Port
- The Merryweather Heist
- Minor Turbulence
- The Wrap Up
- The Big Score
- The Third Way
- GTA Online
In Grand Theft Auto Online, players can call and hire Merryweather operatives for various reasons.
- Ammo Drop $1000. Merryweather will drop an ammo crate, witch will add some ammo to the gun that you're holding when you pick the crate up.
- Backup Helicopter $5000 (Rank 20). Calls for a Buzzard helicopter to fly in and eliminate hostile players and other enemies. It will circle around the character for a while until it leaves.
- Boat Pickup $250 (Rank 25).
- Helicopter Pickup $1000 (Rank 30). Calls for a private Maverick to land at the player's location. Works like a taxi.
- Call Mercenaries $7500 (Rank 35). Calls for mercenaries to track and eliminate a player. They will appear as 4 armed operatives driving a Mesa and will continue coming until the player is dead. Should they not succeed, a full refund is then given to the contractor.
- Airstrike (Rank 50).
Merryweather's fleet of vehicles include:
- Canis Mesas modified to be more capable off-road.
- Karin Dilettantes used as patrol vehicles in the Port of Los Santos, Davis Quartz, and Vinewood Hills.
- Nagasaki Dinghys.
- At least one Cargo Plane.
- Merryweather is a parody of Academi, formerly known as Blackwater, a private military company infamous for alleged human rights violations during the Iraq War. Like Academi, Merryweather had changed its name following an incident that resulted in negative public relations.
- Devin Weston apparently owns 11% of Merryweather. If the player chooses the "Deathwish" ending and kills Weston, Don Percival buys out the majority of Weston's stock in the company.
- Throughout the story, Trevor makes references to Merryweather as the "New World Order's" private army and part of the Illuminati. Their emblem, the owl, is also a reference to the Illuminati and the Bohemian Grove conspiracy. In fact, when listening to private conversations with LSPD officers, they discuss the possibility of Merryweather eventually replacing them as law enforcement in the city.
- On their official website, a map of the World shows Merryweather has several operations and bases across the continents in locations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, North and South America as well as the Middle East.
- They will occasionally show up in gang attacks on GTA Online.
- In GTA Online, they will temporarily suspend services if the player has recently been hostile towards them, i.e. kill them in gang attacks. However, they will not suspend services if you kill them during missions.( i.e. A Titan Of A Job, Dry Docking etc.)