|It has been suggested to merge this with another - discuss|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Also known as:||Karen|
|Date of birth:||1981 (Age 27)|
|Home:||Mohawk Avenue, Rotterdam Hill, Liberty City|
|Main affiliation:||Niko Bellic (ex-boyfriend)|
|Voiced by:||Rebecca Henderson|
Michelle (Born 1981) is a character who appears as a supporting character in GTA IV. She is Niko Bellic's first girlfriend in Grand Theft Auto IV. Her real name is Karen. He is introduced to her during the mission "Three's a Crowd" by Mallorie Bardas, who encourages the two of them to date, due to Niko's having just arrived in the city and not knowing anybody.
At 27, Michelle is three years younger than Niko. Mallorie sets the both of them up and they decide to begin dating. Not much is known about her past life except that she may have had criminal links herself. She claims she is not a local in Liberty City, having arrived from the Midwest.
Michelle likes being chauffeured in almost any car, except vans and emergency vehicles. She also isn't fond of certain cars that come in beater variants. She likes Niko wearing clothes from the Russian Shop. Michelle prefers variety, expressing interest in new cars and pointing out if Niko is wearing the same outfit or takes her to the same place constantly. However, her intonation when asking about a new car sounds more like the questions she asks about his business rather an actual interest like in the case of glasses for example, leading us to believe she's assuming it's from illicit activities. In general, Michelle enjoys going out on dates to a variety of places, including restaurants, nightclubs, and bars. Taking her to a venue which has some form of criminal connection, for example Perestroika, or Comrades Bar will cause Michelle to ask about the various mobsters. Niko will quickly dismiss this by saying "I really don't know about that sort of thing, Michelle." amongst other things.
Cars Michelle Likes
- Blista Compact
- Emperor (not beater version)
- Huntley Sport
- PMP 600
- Roman's Taxi
- Sabre (not beater version)
- Sentinel (though tends to go back and forth between liking/disliking)
She likes bikes like the NRG 900, too. If she's on it, she puts on a white-pink helmet.
Restaurants/Bars Michelle Likes
- 69th Street Diner, or any other diner.
- Burger Shot
- Clucking Bell
- Steinway Beer Garden (though comments that Irish gangsters hangout there)
- Comrades Bar (though comments that Russian thugs hangout there)
- Lucky Winkles
Venues Michelle Likes
- Split Sides (she does not like Perestroika due to the criminal heads that run the club)
- Michelle likes most radio stations, but dislikes Tuff Gong, The Classics and Integrity 2.0.
- Michelle dislikes the Happiness Island shirt.
- If Michelle likes a set of clothes, she is happy to see it repeatedly
- Michelle complains if you drive too fast for her. If you drive slowly she praises your driving, but in a sarcastic-sounding way. These do not affect the success of your date.
- If you take Michelle out on a date to a bar she does not drink and therefore does not get drunk.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, ask Michelle out on a date. When you arrive at her house push (don't punch her or it won't work) her until a message appears stating "Michelle Has Been Killed". A couple of hours later (in game time) Michelle will call you and ask you to pick her up. Say yes, go to the hospital (but do not get so close to her that she knows you're there to pick her up), fire a RPG to the side of her and she will die and will stay dead. After she is dead her body will stay at the place of death indicated by a heart symbol. You may call her to arrange a date, but when you arrive at her house it will say "Michelle Has Been Killed". There is a possibility that the game will freeze; if it does you will have to shut off your console. Also, if you do not want to lose any game progress you should save your game before attempting this glitch.
- Three's a Crowd
- First Date (Boss)
- Blow Your Cover (Post-mission phone call)
- The Snow Storm (Betrayal)
- Photo Shoot (post-mission phone Call)
- Wrong is Right (True Identity Revealed)
- Portrait of a Killer (Mentioned)
- Dust Off (Mentioned)