Mile High Club
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Pillbox Hill, Los Santos, San Andreas|
The building and its adjacent construction site occupy an entire block between Alta Street, Power Street, Vespucci Boulevard and Adam's Apple Boulevard in Pillbox Hill, Downtown Los Santos. The construction site is located just next to the Pillbox South Station of Los Santos Transit. Even though it is not yet completed, The Mile High Club is currently the second tallest structure in Los Santos, only surpassed by the Maze Bank Tower.
The company building the complex is STD Contractors. Its contractor is Enzo Bonelli and its architect is Chip Peterson. The construction company describes the Mile High Club as "Downtown's newest and most exciting complex" and promises commercial and business space at low rates.
The skyscraper is based on the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotel building that is a part of L.A. Live, which was under construction from 2007 until early 2010. However, the Mile High Club appears taller and closer to the center of the city's skyline than its real-life counterpart. It could also be influenced by the Wilshire Grand Tower, another supertall skyscraper under construction in the Financial District of Downtown Los Angeles. There is a secondary construction building south of the Mile High Club tower, most likely based on the Regal Cinemas in L.A. Live, completed in 2009.
- The Construction Assassination (Mission)
- Architect's Plans (Mission)
- What Goes Up... (Parachute Jump)
- Parachute (top of the biggest crane)
- The term "Mile High Club" is a slang term applied collectively to individuals who have sex while on board an aircraft in flight.
- The building has a construction crane attached to it that the player can climb using the ladder. This ladder is so long, that it can take a real-life 5 minutes to reach the top (see here).
- The building seems to be in the place of the real life Aon Center in Los Angeles. Also, its height in-game is similar to the Aon Center.