(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door minivan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto IV|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Manufacturer||Vapid (HD Universe)|
- "Efficient, practical, reliable, squarely middle-class. It won't get you laid but, let's face it, if you're shopping for a minivan you gave up on that a long time ago."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Vapid Minivan is a four-door minivan in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. It replaces its previous counterpart, the Blista, featured in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
DesignThe Minivan is modeled after the fourth generation Dodge Caravan, although its lower ground clearance and sleeker design make it look more regal. The rear of the Minivan resembles that of the Second Generation Mazda MPV. It can be found with a roof spoiler or luggage rails (although both cases feature a "Minivan Sport" badge on the rear liftgate). The Minivan is the basis for the GTA IV Cabby, which has its own "Minivan Cabby" lift-gate badge. The van may come with a roof-mounted luggage rack or a rear spoiler. Vapid vehicle and, in the case of the Cabby, a Schyster one, it may also suggest a partnership between Vapid and Schyster, although Schyster is most likely partnered with Bravado like Chrysler and Dodge in reality. It may suggest a larger mother company like General Motors or Fiat (which also owns the Chrysler Group, including the Dodge brand) which produces the same vehicles under different brands. Alternatively, the Cabby's "Limited Vapid Design" badging suggests that the Cabby could be manufactured under licence by Schyster, or could be a rebadge of the Vapid Minivan.
Under the bonnet of the Minivan lies a reasonably torqueful 24-valve V6 engine. Though the output of this smooth-yet-potent engine is far from optimal, the sheer weight and aerodynamic properties of the Minivan results in a double-figures 0-60mph time and a lowly 125mph (201km/h) maximum. The firmness of the suspension, its AWD drivetrain and the rather low ride height give the Minivan ample support and stability when cornering, though under-steer is often noticeable. Braking is good, and the ABS works well on all models.
In the event of a crash, the bodywork tends to stay very well intact, although driver safety isn't exactly class-leading in high-speed accidents. Although it was never intended for this purpose, if you ever find yourself off-roading in a Minivan, whether taking a shortcut or trying to escape from attackers, be wary of steep hills and uneven ground. While the minivan lacks the necessary power for excessive spinouts, it doesn't provide enough torque evenly to its rear tires to avoid getting stuck on even rather shallow hills or get over small obstacles.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- The Minivan commonly spawns around Westdyke and Leftwood, Hove Beach, Firefly Projects and Firefly Island in Broker.
- It can be seen driving in Bohan Industrial.
GTA V + Online
- The default radio station of the Minivan is The Vibe 98.8 in GTA IV, Vice City FM and K109 The Studio in GTA IV+Episodes from Liberty City and Space 103.2 and Lowdown FM in GTA V.
- After collecting all thirty cars for Stevie he agrees to purchase cars from Niko Bellic, with the Minivan fetching $2,000 in perfect condition.
- In GTA V The Minivan has texture and badging error on the passenger side showing a mirrored "Minivan" badge.
- In GTA IV Unlike the Huntley Sport which features a "Vapid Designed" badge also the same in the Minivan and the Cabby despite the "Desgined" spelling on both versions.