The Mission Row Police Station is one of the eight LSPD police stations in Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto V. The police station is demarcated by Sinner Street, Vespucci Boulevard, Atlee Street and Little Bighorn Avenue in Mission Row, Downtown Los Santos. It is the only police station in the game that the player can enter.
Like other police stations in the game, the Mission Row Police Station serves as a respawn point if the player is busted in the area. The police station is also the location for the Impound Garage. The Mission Row Police Station is a modern three-story building modeled after the LAPD Olympic Station.
An armor pick-up and a Sprunk vending machine are located inside the reception area, making this a handy health and armor-regenerating location for the characters, particularly Franklin, whose initial safehouse is the closest.
Going behind the desk in the main lobby or climbing the stairs in the back will instantly grant the player 3 stars.
Appearances in Missions
The following vehicles can be found at the Mission Row Police Station:
- Police Cruiser - Parked out front.
- Interceptor - Parked out front.
- Police Maverick or unarmed Buzzard on the helipad rooftop.
- Impound Vehicles.
- Walking up the stairs to the helipad will give the player a 3 star wanted level.
- This is the only accessible station in GTA V and it is the first police station to be accessible in the HD Universe. In Singleplayer, the player can enter it through any door though in GTA Online the same can only enter via the roof and back door.
- Flying over the station in Story Mode will have the player receive a warning that they are flying over a restricted airspace and will be shot down. Nothing is used to shoot down the player if they linger, though.
- Gunfights and car chases will often occur outside the station. If a chase begins, it's not uncommon for police to commandeer the player's vehicle and drive away in it. To avoid this, don't park in the parking spaces outside the station.
- Bumping into NPCs in the lobby may result in one or more of them attacking the player. If the player avoids drawing a weapon or otherwise attacking, the police will usually attack the NPC and leave the player character alone. It's advisable to leave the building quickly, however, to avoid being hit in a crossfire.
- The LAPD has an actual police station and division called Mission, which is most likely imitated in GTA V.
- The station bears a close resemblance to the Weazel News Building, which is also based on the LAPD Olympic Station.
- If the player listens carefully while standing in the lobby, sounds of typing, phones ringing, and even police radio broadcasts are heard here.
- However, these barely sounds if the traffic on the street corner is noisy.
- After the Heists Update, the rear doors were opened to GTA Online players, the player can now discover new parts of the station, however, the main front doors and the roof-access doors remain locked. The unlocked doors can be found when entering the station from the east, where the small automatic gate opens, the doors are down some stairs.