The Cage Fighting arena.
|Game:||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|For:||Adriana Yanira Lopez|
|Target:||Cage fighters or Mr. Santo|
L.C. Cage Fighters opens
|Unlocked by:||I Luv LC|
Luis learns that his mother, Adriana has amassed a debt after losing her job and has turned to a shady loan shark named Mr. Santo. Santo is pleasant with Luis' mother, but when alone with Luis, threatens to burn her house and belongings. Mr. Santo creates a plan to fix an underground fighting match with the L.C. Cage Fighters - a group Luis was affiliated with before his prison term - and earn a hefty sum off the betting, enough to pay off the debt. Although wary of the loan shark, Luis reluctantly agrees.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Follow Santo
- Beat up the chef
- Beat up the ruffian
- Beat up the hobo or get your heath below half and take a dive
- Kill Santo (This objective only needs to be completed if you do NOT take a dive in the third round)
Complete the mission in under 3:10
Take less than 10% damage
Use the crowd to hold an opponent for easier attacking.
Use a counter attack to knock out an opponent.
- Fighter 1
- Fighter 2
- Fighter 3 (optional)
- Mr. Santo (optional)
Santo will walk Luis to the ring's entrance, which is in an alleyway one block south of his mother's house. Luis gains free entry into the fighting area for this mission. The player will then receive an overview of the fighting area, and the betting booth outside the ring, which can be visited once the mission is completed. As the match begins, the player will receive the standard tutorial for melee combat as he is fighting. The right shoulder button is changed from cover to taunt, and Luis can punch fighters against populated walls to get help from the crowd.
Luis is instructed to defeat the first two fighters: the first fighter is a bulky chef, and the second is a muscular ruffian. Santo will tell Luis to take a dive against the third fighter, who is a scrappy hobo that has fought him in the past. Should Luis proceed to take down the third fighter, Santo scolds him and threatens to burn his mom's house and pulls a knife on him, and Luis will be able to kill him. If he takes the dive, Santo will acknowledge his mother's debt as paid and never physically show up again.
After the Mission
Should you take a dive in the third round (allowing Santo to live), a call later in the game will indicate Santo is still social with Luis' mother, but she no longer owes him any money. Luis will be able to return to the fighting scene to brawl for cash and the Bear Fight achievement for a $100 entry fee, or spectate the fight and bet money on other fighters for a $50 entry fee. Luis' mother's next mission, Corner Kids, will be unlocked.
This mission doubles ammunition of Luis's weapons.
- Mr. Santo (optional) - If Luis doesn't take a dive during the third fight, Santo will pull a knife out, and Luis must kill him.
- The player will not be able to use Luis' cellphone while fighting Santo. This is probably due to being unable to use it during cage fights, and is still in effect during Santo's fight. It is unknown if there is any trick to counter the glitch.
- It is suggest by many fans of the GTA series that winning the fight and killing Santo is canon to the GTA IV era with many reasons being for this topic, one of the reasons are that after killing Santo, Luis's mother will criticize him for his attitude which would be more common in his story than for her to criticize Luis for not sticking up for her and his pride (Taking a dive during the cage match and letting Santo live). Another reason is that you need to keep your health up to get a 100% in this mission (losing half of your health to take a dive loses the chance to do so).
- There is a glitch in this mission that gives an infinite loading time after the first cutscene, or after you win the cage fights and about to fight Santo. This also happens during High Dive.