| MISSION |
Money For Nothing
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|
|Location:||Downtown, Vice City|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Wanted Level lost before job is complete
|Unlocks:||Caught as an Act|
|Unlocked by:||The Audition|
- Forbes: "So, Vic, you wanna hear about a little plan that is going to make us three very rich?"
- Vic: "What's the risk?"
- Forbes: "Let me put it like this: You will not be handling any drugs. All I need you to do is keep the cops busy while Lance and I steal some merch off the scum that brought it into this country."
- —Bryan Forbes explains his plan to Victor and Lance Vance
Vic drops by Bryan Forbes' apartment and sees him and Lance. The trio after an argument decide to go out and take a decoy van. After arriving at the warehouse, Forbes and Lance go to the actual van with the drugs while Vic drives the decoy van and lead the cops away from them. Upon reaching the destination, Vic loses the wanted levels and mission is completed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get to the decoy van
- Get to the warehouse
- Get back in the decoy van
- Drive south and away from Lance
- The cops are on to you. Don't lose your wanted level
- Keep your wanted level until Lance reaches his destination
- Lance has made it back to the lockup! Lose the cops
Post mission pager message
Lance Vance: I don't trust Forbes, man. Meet me up at the Arena...
- The name of the mission may refer to the song Money For Nothing, by Dire Straits.
- There's a glitch in the PS2 version where no police cars or bikes will appear during the decoy chase, the only vehicle it will spawn is the Police Maverick.
- On this mission it is possible to reach 6 star wanted levels, in spite the 6 star wanted level is still locked by the time of this mission, therefore, it is possible to obtain the Rhino earlier in the game.