(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
- "Remember Italy's glory days before feminism and the Euro ruined everything? When a suitcase full of Lire would buy you an espresso and a pack of cigarettes, if you were lucky? Produced by old-money Italians in the 1960s, driven by new-money guidos in the 2010s, the Monroe is a classic supercar that has been making douchebags look stylish for over 50 years."
- ―Legendary Motorsport webpage.
The design of this car seems to be heavily inspired by the Lamborghini Miura with elements from the Ford GT40 for the front fascia. The tailights are derived from the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
rear-mid rear engine, rear wheel drive
GTA V + Online
- Curiously, a real life Lamborghini Miura was bought for $490,000 (The same price as the Monroe in Legendary Motorsports) in an auction by the actor Nicolas Cage, being the highest price the model was ever sold for (Excluding the S, SV, and SVJ) .
- In the mission Pack Man, the yellow Monroe that had been stolen by Lamar featured a license plate reading "FAST 66", this would be an indication of the year of the car's manufacture (1966). This reflects the first appearance of the Lamborghini Miura P400 Prototype, occurring in 1966 in the Geneva motor show.
- The Monroe is also a reference to the 1969 film 'The Italian Job' because at the start of the film a Lamborghini Miura is seen driving through the Italian Alps with "On Days like These" by Matt Monroe playing in the background.
- Itali GTO, a car in GTA 1 based on the Lamborghini Miura.
- Miara, the Yakuza gang car in GTA 2 based on the Lamborghini Miura.