|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Tierra Robada, Bone County|
|Reward:||$1000-$5000 (pending on time)|
|Unlocked by:||Yay Ka-Boom-Boom|
- "First, what's a GPS? Second, fail what? And third, who the fuck are you?"
- — Carl Johnson regarding the instructions.
Carl is welcomed by a mysterious voice, who apparently knows a thing or two about his family. The voice says that Carl needs to impress him and let him see what Carl is made of. He instructs Carl to take a monster truck out for a drive.
Carl talks to this person who instructs him what to specifically do. He also tells Carl about the monster truck, and how to handle it.
After that small talk, Carl traverses Tierra Robada in the monster truck, passing through all thirty-five markers and returning back to the ranch in less than six and a half minutes. Carl is then rewarded with money depending on his time and position.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the monster truck
- Get to the first checkpoint
- You need to get a time better then 6:30
Post mission phone call
Carl Johnson: Who the fuck is this?
Unknown Caller: Son, get back to the ranch and I'll explain everything. And I mean everything.
Carl Johnson: Can't you just tell me now? I guess not.
The reward for completing the mission depends on the time position: $5000 for below 4 minutes 20 seconds, $4000 for below 5:00, $3000 for below 5:30, $2000 for below 6:00 and $1000 for below 6:30. The mission Highjack is unlocked.
- Carl does not know what a GPS is because in 1992, Global Positioning Systems were expensive and bulky military hardware found only on ships and planes. It would be about a decade or so before GPS manufacturers would start making GPS units for consumers.
- It is somehow ironic that you are given a GPS system, despite the fact that the minimap is always used.
- Toreno's house is unusual in that it can be entered without a transition to the hidden interiors universe. It also has a save point, which is active as soon as the region is unlocked.