- "The hills above Los Santos and home to the stars. Anyone that can afford to live here does - Luxurious, exclusive and uninsurable."
- ―GTA San Andreas Website.
Mulholland is a rich district in Los Santos, San Andreas. Mulholland is located in the northwestern area of the city. Richman is located west of the district, Mulholland Intersection and part of Red County to the east, Red County and Dillimore to the north and Vinewood to the south. The district is situated high on the hills, and most roads are uphill, downhill and hairpins; large villas and mansions are present in the district.
Richman is actually considered more up-scale than Mulholland. This is evident by the types of houses that contrast with each other: Richman having more traditional mansions, and Mulholland having more stilt houses that aren't very appealing. Also, the roads in Mulholland are more narrow and ridden with cracks, in contrast to Richman's more refined, wider roads.
Events of GTA San Andreas
One of the earliest game's missions, Madd Dogg's Rhymes, was given by OG Loc. You were supposed to go to Madd Dogg's Crib in Mulholland, and steal his rhyme book, to bring it to OG Loc. Later in the game, after saving Madd Dogg's life, Dogg tells Carl about his mansion, which was taken by a Los Santos Vagos member called Big Poppa. CJ and the San Fierro Triads get the mansion back, leading to CJ to become Madd Dogg's manager.
- Molotov Cocktail - Outside the small diner west of the 24/7.
- Golf Club - Under the massive tower behind the sign.
- Rifle - Behind a mansion north of Madd Dogg's Crib and west of the Mulholland Safehouse.
- Tec-9 - Behind a house next to a circular road.
- Cane - Behind the "N" in the Vinewood Sign.
- Sniper Rifle - On a balcony of a house.
- AK-47 - Behind the Roboi's Food Mart.
- Mulholland is based on the area in Los Angeles called Mulholland Drive, located in the LA Hills. It too is also a highly affluent area with wealthy residents and large mansions. The name also references to the Los Santos map designer, Steven Mulholland.
- During the Los Santos Riots, Mulholland is the only area not affected by the riots. There is no civil disobedience there, making it the safest area of Los Santos during the riots. It is also one of the few areas in Los Santos where Carl isn't in danger of encountering enemy gang members.
- As stated above Mulholland is not controlled by any gangs however the main freeway entrance is controlled by the Ballas after The Green Sabre unless CJ chooses to reclaim it for the GSF.
- Due to Mulholland's position atop a tall cliff, it is possible to ramp off the northern edge and land in neighbouring Dillimore, Red County. Doing this gives the player a unique stunt jump.
- This area is a good location to conduct the Burglary side mission. The houses in this area have large interiors and contain a lot of items that can be taken.
- Despite being part of the Los Santos city proper, Police Rangers (the rural police) are the common police vehicles seen roaming around the area.
|Neighborhoods and districts in Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Commerce • Downtown • East Beach • East Los Santos • El Corona • Ganton • Glen Park • Idlewood • Jefferson • Las Colinas • Little Mexico • Los Flores • Los Santos International Airport • Marina • Market • Mulholland • Ocean Docks • Pershing Square • Playa del Seville • Richman • Rodeo • Santa Maria Beach • Temple • Verdant Bluffs • Verona Beach • Vinewood • Willowfield|