(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
The NOOSE Cruiser shares the chassis of the Police Cruiser (based on a second generation Mercury Grand Marquis), albeit with an LED light bar in place of the Police Cruiser's spinning V-bar, and NOOSE livery rather than that of the LCPD. Like the NOOSE Patriot, the LED light bar does not make a distorted sound after being crushed or shot at with a weapon like the Police Cruiser's/Patrol's V-bar.
The NOOSE Cruiser is sometimes called out when a 3-star Wanted level is attained, and is used to create roadblocks and pursue the player. The car serves roughly the same role as the NOOSE Patriot. The NOOSE Cruiser most commonly appears when the player attempts to cross the bridges or when the player is on foot. The NOOSE Cruiser's livery is loosely based on the livery of Homeland Security vehicles. The livery also bears a passing resemblance to the New Jersey State Police livery, both containing blue and yellow vertical stripes.
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the NOOSE Cruiser appears to spawn more often than in GTA IV when the player is being chased by the police. It even goes as far as to replace Police Cruisers, which are usually the designated pursuit vehicles.
The NOOSE Cruiser has red and blue lights unlike the LCPD. The vehicle is owned by Noose and it is exempt from the civic regulations. Strangely, despite being a NOOSE issued vehicle, only regular police officers occupy it.
The fact that the NOOSE Cruiser has somewhat decent handling, the NOOSE Cruiser is somewhat outdated, also meaning that NOOSE could be underfunded.When compared with the Police Cruiser, the NOOSE version appears to have undergone a vast array of upgrades. The engine feels as if it's breathing better, and its power band is improved dramatically. The suspension is firmer, the body roll is not as severe. Handling-wise, this huge car can match more performance-oriented cars, and stability at its top speed is vastly different from the standard Police Cruiser.
- When you hijack a NOOSE Cruiser without a wanted level, you will not gain a wanted level.
- When you steal a NOOSE Cruiser, the headlights will stay on whether it is night or day and the player can only switch them to high beam or low beam.
- Like other public vehicles in GTA IV, you cannot wash the NOOSE Cruiser.
- The NOOSE Cruiser always appears somewhat dirty. This hints that the NOOSE cruiser is used for off-road use.
- On the side of the car, it says it is that it is from the Patriotism Immigration Authority. The fact that Niko is an immigrant could be the reason the vehicle is present in pursuits.
- Unlike the Police Cruiser/Patrol drivers, the NOOSE Cruiser driver are passive drivers; they only follow the player instead of ramming/blocking the player's car.
- Also unlike Police Cruiser, when the front passenger shoot at the player, he will hold one hand on the roof of the car and another hand on the weapon while sitting on the door, as opposed to the Police Cruiser who simply aims the weapon at the player without sitting on the door.